Goodbye Drift World

The time has come and my DD has been put up for sale. Bye bye 240sx. You’ve made too many problems. I would buy another 240sx but Id hafta travel and I just dont think its a good idea. Knowing me Ill wrap it around a pole and call it a day. I THINK I may wait till I have more experience and more money to put in a project car - going to college soon and fixing my DD all the time is just not that practical or easy on my student sized paychecks.

Thing Is I need a new car soon, and too much dismay 240s are not found much where I live, so maybe I should look elsewhere. I need to get something a bit more reliable and better on gas but still want to retain a 2 door sporty looking car - I minus well enjoy what I am paying for right?

Whats your best recommendations for a car around 3-4 g thats relativley fun to drive, yet reliable and decent on gas?

Or do you think I shouldn’t ditch the 240sx world - and stay tr00.

MX-3,MX-6,cavi/sunfire,vw golf(vr6),celica,dsm?,5l.mustang,2 door gran pirx supercharged,
Lots of shit, those were the cars i was thinkin about when i go to sell mine

Well since fwd is not fun at all to drive, a 240 is going to be your best choice in the rwd world, and they can be good on gas, you just have to be a little lighter on the pedal. Any honda (looking at the fuel savings part of your post) that has any fun kinda power is going to want you to get into vtech all the time, so you minus well just get another 240. Maybe look for something that has been taken care of, like Antonio’s car(Solarian). That is something you will be able to sell without too much of a loss if things turn bad.

Hmm well right now im leaning towards an integra - a 92’. Don’t forget guys, I drive an AUTO and im gonna learn standard - so it will keep me preoccupied for awhile.

I know front wheel drive wont be as fun - but gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Although Im keeping my eyes peeled for another 240. for sure though, but the price on this car is pretty good. So im leaning towards it, and its almost rust free.

well if your leaning towards a 92 integra thats a good choice, my boy has a 90, with 287 K on it…those cars are reallllyyy reliable cars, sometimes i wish i didnt buy a 240, but a Teg instead…

i had a teggy. nevr goon back to it.

Haha, I actually had one too. That was the car that got me into japanese cars. It was a '91 and never let me down once. still, the fwd pissed me off.

$3-4K? early 90’s teg, AE86 (keep it stock), 92-95 EG civic hatch are what i’d choose. there isn’t much that’s lightweight and run to toss around for that much.

an EG with stock 1.5L or 1.6 SOHC Vtec isn’t all too fun till you put sticky tires, springs and swaybars on them. those minimal mods would make it so much fun at auto-x. the bonus of the 92-95 is that all the integra parts swap over for suspension. if you could find ITR swaybars, you won’t regret having them on.