Need help....

Hey guys, im currently in the process of looking for a car (preferably a rwd) this is gonna be my first car and im in a bit of a dilema about it. I’ve looked at mx-3’s mx-6’s 240’s integra’s and a few others but im kinda torn between cars, cause i know if i get a 240 i know pretty much what im getting… but if i go with something else i might not be as pleased or w/e else. I’ve also been torn between buying an auto 240 (its a nice 240 with 17" rims and exhaust sys) and then later doing a 5spd swap probably when i do an sr20 swap, id rather have a 5spd but if the cars nice and everything then tranny doesnt matter that much to me atm, so im just wondering if anyone can help me out with deciding wtf i should do… im really leaning towards a 240 cause they look nice when their done up right etc etc and my friend has a mx-6 and my other friend is going to buy a mx-6 with a klze in it so i wanna break away from them and stand out more and ive done some drifting myself but my dads 01 grand cherokee doesnt do the trick for me. So gimme some constructive criticism and w/e else you have to offer and im headed out to BC in 5 days so if i find a car out there i dont have to worry about rust 100% so… lemme know what ya think. thx Garrett

In the end, it has to be your call.

If you go with a 240 it might indeed be preferable to start with a 5 speed, unless there is enough immediate savings or a nice enough car to do otherwise.

Make sure you give the 240 a complete and extensive look. You don’t want to have any rust on the frame rails, shock towers, floor, trunk, etc. These things can be fixed but you’d be better off picking up a clean 240 then one your gonna drop a fortune into. The 5 spd swap can be done with some work and the right parts. That being said you might want to find one with a 5spd already. Good luck

your on a 240 site, most ppl on here will tell you that a 240 is awsome. but the truth is most of them need ALOT of work just to be kept running right. and you will want to constantly modify a 240 as you learn more and more about them. so if you truely love cars and have the time and knolage to put into it then go for the 240 but if u want somthing you wana rice out and look cool and never have to work on then go with a mx-3 or somthing…

if anything get the integra or the 240. the integra’s interior is very nice and very clean. it is also a pretty quick little car and has tons of aftermarket. only problem(besides being an offspring of honda!!) it’s fwd.

the 240 is an awesome car as well, i highly recommend it to anyone that loves rwd. very good looking inside and out. also has tons of aftermarket. depending on which year you go for, look over the 240 VERY well. there is a thread about all the bad rust spots.

mazda mx3 and mx6 are garbage unless you drop the money for the motor swap.

yeah like as i said in my first post im going to BC in… 4 days now and ive seen a couple nice 240’s out there and even though they really shouldnt have that much rust im still gonna have a good look over it. Like i found an 89 240 with 17" rims and a nice exhaust system on it but its auto… and then i found a 90 240 5spd but tis all stock so im torn between those two and i love driving 5spd even though i drove my friends mx-6 at 120km with the handbrake up by accident 0.o … yeah my bad :stuck_out_tongue: but if you guys can help me with any of this that would be great thanks

both of them are SOHC with an open diff, so both will be ok but you’ll want to put money into both of them thats for sure. the exhuast system and rims are nice but it’s an auto. although you can do the swap for about 500 bucks to a 5spd. all in all i say go for the rims and exhuast cuz usually depending on the rims thats about 1000 bucks or so and depending on the exhuast that could be a few hundred bucks. so if there the same price go for the auto one and just switch it out later. but the final call is yours