got a new toy for my camaro.......

well… I guess if you really want to get down to it, nitrous would be even cheeper and give ya similar if not better results (with the right tune of course) :stuck_out_tongue:

:tup: to F/I
:tdown: to rear mount turbo

:tup: gl with ur project

Sometimes that is all that matters.

Upgrade potential and or upping boost on a turbo car is 10x better than a centrifuckal SC… I know, I’ve owned both in the last 3 years…

Push 1 button to double boost…

change pulley and belt to gain 10-25% more boost.

post pics after the install :tup:
~Twizted

ya when the turbo is in the front of the car…

aside from being different, what are the advantages of the rear mount kit?

Honestly ease of intall is the ONLY plus for the rear mount turbo system

not having to chop up the engine bay/remove components to install it… maintenence is probably easier I’d think (heard spak plugs are already a bitch on those engines lol)

edit: maybe cost too… as you dont really need turbo manifolds anymore

its like $5-6k for the kit, so isnt exactly cheap

well that makes no 0% sense then IMO

shit, I think the HP turbo kits for mustangs are right around the same price (with larger yields). Why would anyone bother buying one… honestly? I figured if the price was right, I’d go that route too… but fuck that

well got it tuned yesterday at CAM and drove off the dyno with a 7psi street tune (very safe) and made 460hp 460ftlbs…it was way to hot out (95*) or else would have made a lot more…and had some issues with the WG which is why i am only making 7psi…but did make 546hp for 1 pull kinda on accident but besides the strain on the motor everything else was in check (RICH 11:1 fuel and 0 timeing)

gonna be taking it to the track sooner or later to get some 1/4 mile numbers but thats what i got…if you dont like it well than i dont really care.

Congrats I think if its dialed in by the right person it will perform quite well. :tup: Post up some track times when you get em!

nice numbers so far man :tup: seems like it worked out good for ya

:tup: if you are happy then you can’t beat it !

its already “dialed-in” by the right person…just need some better conditions for the pull and 2 more pounds of boost

:tup: hell yea, and ull pull 95% of the guys that are trying to bash you.

no one is bashing him (atleast im not), just saying the STS kit isnt exactly the best bang for your buck. But in the end if he is happy with it thats all that matters.

cant wait to see some track times :tup:

awesome man :tup:

everyone on an internet forum knows how to spend your money better than you do. Just ask them…

Nice numbers and nice car :tup: