Got into accident. Not my fault. How to claim? *pic*

The pic below should give you an idea of basically what happened.

The impact occurred (according to my dad) around 20km/h?

Hadn’t drove car all weekend since incident. Dad drove it this morning and didn’t mention other major issues other than steering being off-center.

I took a look the day after and didn’t notice any physical damage (then again I didn’t spend more than 2-3min looking after jacking up car).

So my question is:
Being clearly the fault of the other driver, what is my next step in making sure that whatever repairs done are paid by the ‘culprit’ (other driver)?

Like what do I do? Call up the guy and say I am getting car checked out and that he’s responsible for repairs?

How do I make sure he pays up? Do I have to resort to collection agencies (or court) to make sure he pays?

My guess is $200-$700 in repairs (simple alignment to parts replacement) of which I simply can’t afford at the moment.

http://www.gonrad.com/200812/snowcrash.jpg

If the guy doesn’t want to pay, then do it through insurance. Your insurance will fix it, then go after his company to pay for it. you will have to file the accident with the police, they will also likely want to take some pictures. I don’t know for sure if there is a limitation period for filing an accident or not. Just call the police and ask them.

do it asap. there’s a time window to report it to the police. if I’m not mistaken it’s 72 hours… but please double check

fault needs to be established in order for small claims court to be effective.

ED is right if he can’t pay within 48 hours go fill out an accident report prior to 72

after 72 hours you may be S.O.L.

get 3 quotes tell the guy look here is 3 quotes pay median price

if your dad didnt file a police report then you’re screwed.

the process of an insurer going to another for payment is called subrogation, they wont do it, and do not have to do it, without proof of fault, which you do not have.

merry christmas.

time to report is 24 hours. You’ve missed the boat.

SOL buddy, This happened to my buddy, he didnt know he had to report in within the first 24 hours and got fucked over, Good luck =/

Maybe try being really polite and nice with the guy? and if that doesn’t work, then try the opposite.

I’m just gonna try to take it to Sasha after the holiday is up.

Hopefully it’s just an alignment issue and he can do it (otherwise I’ll ban him or steal his database or something)!

What a bitch though. I had plans to get rid of this car in Jan now another expense. :run:

I’m gonna blame my dad for being a crappy driver :o

Brown people can’t drive.

your graphics own, sorry about the car, kick some a$$

when u get into a small accident like that you should get a police report right away or get the guy to write up that it was his fault and take his info down like drivers licence and insurance
or else you will have trouble proving fault later on, if he is an ass and denies everything you will have nothing to go on
good luck and be a little aggressive with the guy

You can make a claim up to 72hrs and sometimes even past that.

I called the collision center myself to ask.

They said its best to do so within 72hrs.

Just do it, you have nothing to lose.

just call if not

partout!!!

brown women cant drive, most guju people cant drive, chinese people cant drive, black ladies cant drive, white women think there always right in a accident (ive had a bad experience, this lady took a right turn onto me while iw as taking a right turn from the same parking lot and told me it was my fault).

im sure i can come up with more people that suck. by the way im brown and i know i can drive :smiley:

What about brown men over the age of 30?
My brother was hit right infront my my driveway, in a stationary position, a brown man of about 34-37 hit him head on…

And than claimed my it was my brothers fault for not moving?

How does that happen?

I’ve waited up to a week to report when I’ve been hit. They still charge the other guy with the accident.

The guy who hit my dad was “Pakistani” :rofl:

My dad’s a lousy driver but he wasn’t even moving and was sitting in the traffic when he got hit.

Anywho the guy agreed to pay after we get a quote so :dunno:

I’ll convince my dad to call and get a report at least just in case.