got into the 5's at lancaster

finally clicked off a pass in the 5’s…its rather bittersweet though.

im ecstatic that I finally got it working good and got a 5, but on the downside I ended up running out of gear so it still could’ve been even quicker.

seemed to get the clutching pretty close. cut a 1.27 60ft first pass, had some 1.29 60fts before the track got too cold. pulls hard until the last 100-150 ft or so, then rpm spikes and it overrevs from running out of gear and stops pulling.

if I didn’t overrev, it would’ve easily been a low 5.9, probably 5.8x. still surprised I maxed out the stock gearing lol. for only getting to the track a bit under 2 months, im very happy with how its gone this year :tup:

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1234664_662477793771299_421644592_n.jpg

congrats

Awesome man.

That thing really moves.

bump. still over revving but going faster. if I can get the clutching sorted out, it will for sure be atleast a mid 5.8x pass.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1236092_666095983409480_1049878938_n.jpg

saw you racing tonight. thing flys :tup: . i don’t think i’d be able to hold onto the handle bars :lol:

Thats bad fast good job man

Not sure how that is possible track sucks nobody can get traction :lol:

Congrats :tup:

That’s just every track ever lol.

Looks like you can ride that damn thing buddy! Congrats Derek.

Apples to oranges dude. He’s on a snowmobile not a car. If * were there yesterday you would have saw what I did. Full tubbed trailer queens blowing their slicks loose and going sideways. I ran a tubbed out monte and he 60 footed mid 1.7x. I ran a mustang on Hoosier slicks he was a 1.8 and I was in the 1.8 as well spinning threw all 1st and second. I made 15 passes last week with a best of 1.65 and that was on and off the gas. Your CAR better be setup like a boss if your going to hook on that track or atleast not make a lot of power. If the dozen tubbed out trailer queens I saw yesterday weren’t hooking that should say something. Not taking away anything from the OP but its a sled not a car that weighs a shit load more. Too bad they are done for the year already though its still a good time

Meh I had a 1.6 on just street summer tires cough Awd cough lol

heh, I forget awd exists sometimes lol. im talking about rwd pigs like mine :wink: But back on topic, Fast Sled :tup:

Just because its a sled doesn’t mean it is just going to hook…it took a few weeks of adjustments to get it to 60ft, I was first getting 1.4-1.6’s and it was only that good because I had help with initial setup from someone that has been racing sleds since the mid 90’s…and FYI according to the ebrp facebook one of the big cars was getting 1.1 60 ft’s last week…last night traction was definitely not as good as the groove wasn’t well defined, everyone was lining up all over the place. I was 1.34-1.36 60ft most of the night I just found the right spot when I made this pass and my other with a 1.29 60ft.

Any who, thanks guys. Having a blast running this thing. The bike guys hate it :stuck_out_tongue:

teh vidz?

In 4 da vidz. Congrats, that thing flys!

don’t take what I said the wrong way. its obvious you put in work to get where you are. I just think a heavy car is tougher to dial in, but hey im probably wrong. I agree last week was better. but when I go and cut 1.6’s and a week later cut 1.8’s its kind of annoying. but again :teeeup: to you 5’s gotta be fun

I had my best 60 foots 1.47 and got into the 6s this week.

Impossible :lol:

I’m with LZ, I don’t believe you :wink:

I cut a 1.56 N/A. Many 1.5’s with Drag radials. The track seems better when the jr dragsters don’t race.