got my 240

hey all just I just picked up a 95 240 Sx my previous car was a 99 Type R but it was stolen in sept :frowning: i loved the R alot but owning one in toronto
is not worth the hassle sooner or later its gona get stolen I guess i was lucky enough to own the car for almost 3 yrs
so i decided to switch to something different i actually never thougt Iā€™d go nissan lol i was always a hardcore honda guy my previous cars was a 94 GSR with a JRSC super chargerā€¦ other cars i was considering were a ITR swap eg hatch, h22 eg hatch, and a few modded 240ā€™s with with sr20 swaps but after some thinking I thought I just get an unmolested 240 and take it from there

in comparison with the ITR and a stock 240 auto btw for now ā€¦
the itr in stock form i feel outhandles the 240 my R felt also lighter,more nimble, and steering response is alot smother on the R its alot easier to drive a Fwd carā€¦ but just getting to learn rwd it seems alot more fun! i can take turns alot sharper over all tho i think the 240 is a great car with lots of potential canā€™t wait to star modding this bithch :lol:

Iā€™ll post some pics of the old car and the new car tomorrow

Theres a wicked Best Motoring video with some touge battles, theres one with a modded ITR against a modded S14 silviaā€¦ close race, both cars were at the same level although the S14 won both the uphill and downhill.

the ITR is the ONLY FF car Iā€™ve ever liked and would ever want to own.

Good luck with your 240, hit me up if you need somewhere to work on it.

yeah heheh I saw that video not too long ago, it was actually an S15 i though ? not an S14 nways not sure what the difference would be HP wise between an S14 and an S15ā€¦
but yeah the itr did pretty good against a more powerful car and they both had similar lap times i forget at wich track they commentedā€¦

Im looking forward to the 240 scene first thing im gona learn how to drive the car in stock form and then start the from there
the car is auto right know so a motor swap would be my first priority
spilner do you own a shop? or work at a shop ?

That he does, http://www.meanstreetspeed.com/

Itā€™s good to hear that you are happy with the purchase.
Whether youā€™ll do an engine swap or get a 5spd. swap and go turbo with the KA engine, youā€™ll need the driveshaft for the S14 (and also the pedals, but the S13 clutch pedal works as well). The S13 driveshaft doesnā€™t work. Also, you gotta see if yours has ABS or no ABS.
They are a bit hard to findā€¦ but you can always get a one piece aluminum one madeā€¦ but thatā€™s a bit on the pricey side, just for a drive shaftā€¦

In any case, youā€™ll find most of that stuff around here anyways, just ask people around or post in the WTB section :slight_smile:

quite the ramble there.

SIMPLIFIED -> if you need parts or advice, you will find it here.

quite the ramble there.

SIMPLIFIED -> if you need parts or advice, you will find it here.[/quote]

thanks man :slight_smile:
What would I do w/o youā€¦ Hell, I wouldnā€™t even know what Sushi place to go to! LOL

In any case, Iā€™m just glad heā€™s happy with the buy. And thereā€™s nothing wrong with getting the Auto tranny at first :smiley:

here are the pics of old car

JDM itr rims
http://69.159.196.227/images/temp/~new/107_0764.jpg

TE37 volk rims

http://69.159.196.227/images/temp/~new/Picture-086.jpg

now the new car
its a 95 240 LEā€¦ auto lol for now

http://69.159.196.227/images/temp/~new/Picture%20027.jpg

http://69.159.196.227/images/temp/~new/Picture%20026.jpg

My buddy had his Type R stolen last year, it was never recoverd :frowning: .
Good luck with your purchase man, Im sure you will have a lot more fun with your 240sx.

I like both your cars lolā€¦ the ITR was nice and tasteful, hopefully your S14 will be the same.
If you want to convert to 5 speed I currently have most of the necessary parts at MSSC, let me know if your interested.

and the best motoring vid WAS an S14, a yellow oneā€¦ the race after that one was an S15 against an MR-Sā€¦

The S14 and ITR had similar power but the FR setup gave the S14 the advantage in the turns.

gratz with getting a s14 ^___^ ul find out soon enough how much ull love this car and how it drives even with minor mods :slight_smile:

congrats!
i just got my s14 as well (previous owner in on son240)
got a question, those fogs are stock right?
i wonder why mine didnā€™t come with those fogsā€¦ even though itā€™s an LE model
anyone care to enlighten me? or maybe where to get them?

hondaā€™s suk, joking joking, thought Iā€™d be the first to say that. lol. Anyway congratualtions on your purchase, nice black Zenki LE man. I just got mine too, red Zenki SE and auto :cry: But w/e, hopefully doing a swap soon. Welcome to SON, and like Bog (Lith) and Phil (s14_2Nv) said, any info or parts you need you should be able to find on here. Good luck!

-Arslan

BTW: if you need parts you migh want to check out www.neo240sx.ca as well.

Oh jstn, do you have the fog switch in you car, should on the same arm/lever (w/e) as the headlight switch. If it does, the previous owner probably broke them or for whatever reason took them out.

did u just get the one from The Collection? looks like the same one

nope not from the collection
i think the collection has a dark green 240 for sale

awesome grab :wink:

congratz man i just got me a s14 too and im in love with it take it easy at first i still am lol if i didnt get an s14 i would wnat a type r they are hott.

really nice zenki.
i think i seen your post on the teg site about ur R :(.

Itā€™s sad but several times Iā€™ve joked how ā€œno one ever sells a Type-R, they just replace the stolen ones.ā€

Itā€™s sad but several times Iā€™ve joked how ā€œno one ever sells a Type-R, they just replace the stolen ones.ā€[/quote]

Youā€™re a bad person Max, bad bad person!!! [-X

:lol:

-Arslan