Got my windows and doors out of the 60's with help from Clever Construction

Apparently the era of sex, drugs, and window awnings. (And windows under them that don’t even open)
I’d updated the whole interior of my house, but other than installing a back patio and sliding door and a hot tub, hadn’t really touched the exterior, including my original windows from 1964. I hit the 5 year anniversary of moving into this house last month, and decided to change that.
Called sobo and Clever Construction, and am extremely satisfied with the quality of the products and the work they did. Charlie and the crew worked fast and efficiently, if a little too early in the morning for my liking lol, great customer service from Alex, and I managed to get the job done with a bow window ($1000+ extra) and two custom fit doors for my weird 76" frames, for the same price as the other companies without them.

Man with those new windows for the living room it makes your house look like its worth another 50 grand

Also like the security pad on the door, you know that Dr. on the loose won’t be hiding out in your home

With all the money that I put into the interior, I decided to do something that would help curb appeal. I love those code locks. Got them in the fall, when I was about to replace my doors and realized they were 4" shorter than every other door in the known universe. I had a few roommates come and go and really didnt know who had a key to my house, not a good feeling. It’s so nice to put in a code for someone for the amount of time that they need access, and then shut it off. Not to mention, not carrying house keys kicks ass. I wasn’t crazy about reusing the old storm door over the new one, but 76" doors don’t exactly grow on trees…

Definitely a much needed makeover. Looks sharp though!

I’m glad you’re happy with the work and the products you chose. They should treat you and your home well for the foreseeable future.

If you need anything, you know I’m just a call away.

Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy Joe!

Once again it makes a shitload of a difference in the overall look. What happens when they take down the awning? I assume there would be holes in the siding with nothing done to them?

Major change. House looks like it has been transformed from Western New York, to a different area of the country where newer houses are the norm.

Did you recycle the awnings?

Good stuff will be calling Sobo after this stupid wedding :tup:

^Same

I’m skipping a honeymoon to get windows replaced :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice!

And oh wow was that interior TERRIBLE. :eek:

Huge mistake man. Go blow some cash on a lavish vacation. Hand out your credit card like you are fucking donald trump. It’s an incredible experience. Our 8 day honeymoon in Maui was competely unforgettable. Fuck the windows.

House looks great :tup:

Wow, what a change. That looks really good.

I’m thinking about adding some blue shutters, the color that the stripe on the awning was since that is the color of all the trim on the house. Think it might be too white right now from the front with no contrast. Thoughts?

^Have you seen my house!? Everything is/was white. Shutters would be a nice touch, like a colonial blue. Maybe add some more flowers in the front?

Needs a womens touch :lol:

Let me know about the shutters, I could probably hook you up if you were to do it yourself.

Seems like you would have to move the gutter over to get shutter to fit. Seems like and odd spot for the gutter

I am going to do flowers, just wanted to wait till the work was done so they didn’t get trampled. This is the bachelor pad, no woman residents allowed!

:tup: to sobo and the guys at Clever!!!

Looks real good!!!