Got Ripped Off: Help Me Find INFO! :)

Well this guy off BMW forums had some HID fog lights for sale which I agreed to buy.

This was in November and he said he’d mail them out asap. Paid with paypal, and open a dispute and all that jazz.

I have one of his phone numbers, but that mailbox is now full. I was wondering if you guys could find any more info on this guy. It seems like he is younger. Maybe information on his parents? I would call and talk to them about it too. This is what I have so far.

Ben Capa
User Name on Bimmer Forums= capas328
843-864-9268
217 Barnwell Street
Summerville, SC 29483
Ben Capa - Charleston, SC | Facebook

This is his own website.
http://www.capaproducts.com/

I want my $150 back! :frowning:

CKY89

/thread

dispute with your CC company… payapal’s dispute sucks.

and if you didn’t pay via paypal with a CC, well you’ve learnt a lesson here.

I did pay via CC through Paypal, but I’d still like to teach this faggot a lesson.

I will give paypal ~3 more days to see what they say then the CC is getting a call canceling their payment to paypal.

Is mailing bombs still illegal?

Its almost 100% useless to go to your CC company if you used it though paypal. You agree to not do any chargebacks of any kind on any paypal purchased through a CC. I tried this a few times in the past, they said theres nothing they can do as I payed through paypal.

If you dont make yourself look like a asshole to paypal, you can create a dispute and escalate it to a paypal claim immediately. It will take one to two weeks for paypal to review it and decide what they want to do. You can USUALLY get your money back as the buyer, so long as the seller never responds or cant prove he shipped it. PayPal attempts to screw the seller over any chance they get, but will usually take care of the buyer. If he dosent have a verified address however, they dont like that.

Call, and bitch. It took me about two months to get a rather large amount of money back after the buyer decided to be a idiot, but its possible. The phone number is very diffuclt to find generally, but it exists.

Just contest it on your credit card. They will give you the $$$ back.

lol @ this guys facebook and website.

Someone order a bunch of menus from this guy.

did you call the number?

I’d leave a message @ the number for his businees asking about ordering menus and wait for a call back… when he calls you back, let him know you’re going after him if he doesn’t make good on his end of the deal

I had no problem with my MBNA card disputing w/ paypal. paypal didn’t say anything either, they just took the money back from the seller (after they already declined my case with them)

impressive…not one comment about “it’s only $150, stop being poor”

its more of a hastle, ur better off trying to sell him something on another username and steal ur money back :rubicant:

Yeah, if the scammer is a complete idiot and didn’t empty the PayPal account immediately after receiving the funds. PayPal will not go into an account to pull back scam funds, even if it’s tied to the PayPal account.

I don’t care if it is $5. It is my god damn money. I have spent more than that drinking in one night, but it is mine and he has no right to have it.

I actually called and left two messages, now the mail box is full.

The guy seemed really nice, and gave me his name and number. He responded to all my PM’s via the forum regularly, I hope something didn’t actually happen to him. I hope he is just a douche bag, because I’m pissed about this and feel inclined to call the authorities.

i totally agree. I just find it funny people on here will attack certain people for it, but not others…that was where my comment was directed.

also, I would assume you’ve already done this, but he’s also on some local forums down in carolina you could chase him around there or post up.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt=2483&fsdt=2483&q=capas328&aq=f&oq=

And his linkedin profile and some other related search material where you might be able to track him down

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt=2313&fsdt=2313&q=Ben+Capa&aq=f&oq=

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/v230/1900/77/n1010633419_2990.jpg

broooski

Do you guys have a way to look at his facebook?

Do you guys have a way of find out his parents address or names?

Thanks.

(I am going to cook his parents in chili, and get my money back. Thanks)

“Bro you killed and cooked my parents…bro that isn’t cool bro”

go after people in his linked in network…