Need some help asap very weird situation

Ok so I have my Gti posted on forums, craigslist … Etc etc i received an email this morning from a person responding to the ad , they want to paypal me the money for the car and have there “shipper” come pick up the car ??? wtf kinda sketched out at this point and don’t want anything backfiring with this 4k is a lot of money to be sending to my paypal account … How do I deal with bill of sale etc etc should I have this person send as a gift that way they can’t dispute the money ??? Kinda weirded out but let me know ur opinion they keep responding back and fourth to me so it’s not a spam thanks in advanced

I got something like this when I was selling my bike. Some some and dance about being in another part of the world on business, willing to pay more than my asking price, and something just wasn’t right. If it smells, tastes, sounds like BS…well you know the rest.

Horrible idea all the way around lol

I wouldn’t mess with paypal. Have him send a certified bank check, deposit it, let it clear, then take care of shipping. Coming from a buyer’s perspective, I know I bought a bike out of Indianapolis that I initially contacted the seller through craigslist on. He was very sketched out but after numerous talks, we sorted it out using the method I posted. He mailed the bill of sale and title separately, I arranged shipping and it was done. Have you actually spoken with this person or only exchanged emails?

Emails and txt messages il continue to pursue that way paypal just I feel isn’t the best option lol

First of all you’re doing Gift to avoid fees/whatever and violating the terms of service of paypal.

So if something does happen have fun explaining that one

This just sounds so much like one of those scams. I’m guaranteeing you that if you ask for a check and ask that you wait for it to clear, you’ll never hear back from him ever again.

Go for it, nothing to worry about sounds legit to me…

By any chance is the guy from Nigeria?

Dont use paypal, period. Not even “gifted” money. None of it is a sure thing.

Lmfao he’s from Toronto he’s legit it isn’t a scam I talked to him he wants to do paypal lol wtf

He probably wants to do paypal so he can use a credit card or some shit.

4k? Jesus idk gonna talk this over with my gf’s aunt she’s a lawyer for the city see what she thinks about this

Do NOT take PayPal. Seriously

i had someone try this with a laptop… i just went along for the ride for fun.

they told me they sent payment but the confirmation email i got was all messed up and clearly a fraud.

I calmly explained that no money had showed in my account and that the email didnt look legit and never heard from them again.

bait the baiters bro.

Give him pics first.

^ probably right

I had someone buy my diff from my car and they put it on their CC and used paypal however we met in person. I’ve had ppl buy wheels same method a few times.

I guess this is a weird situation because the person isn’t coming to at least check out the car …

PayPal will side with the buyer about 99% of the time unless it’s an eBay transaction. All they care about is a tracking number, or in this case a bill of sale or signature that it was picked up.

The only thing that sucks is if someone disputes it they put a hold on your account. I had someone do it for 1300 last month on an item that was part of what I sold but they held the entire amount for almost 2 months before they decided in my favor. As soon as I receive money I usually transfer it to my bank account right away for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I wouldn’t even consider this transaction personally. If they really want it they can come up with the cash just the same. Just bring a friend and counterfeit markers if you do $4k in cash, to be safe.

I swear to God, if you even think this is legit, are you by chance selling a TV, some furniture, a bed and hell… I’ll buy your toilet too! I’ll pay you twice what you paid for them, all through PayPal of course. So, you know, it’s safe! I’ll send you extra money, with this cashiers check I accidentally wrote with too much on it. Can you just deposit that and then pay me cash for the difference? Dumb me, adding that extra zero. DOY!

You should do it

As long as u wait for the money to clear AND for it to be transferred into your bank account I don’t see the problem…if he’s ok waiting for that them screw it and try it

make sure he has know way to appeal it though I thought gift maybe? Even then I’m sure there may be some way and since you won’t have a tracking #(although maybe he is shipping it?) I’d be careful on that