Government Selling us out...again

Senior Pentagon officials, meanwhile, are investigating the security aspects of the announced plan for China’s Huawei Technologies and the investment firm Bain Capital Partners to buy 3Com, which makes equipment used by the Pentagon to block computer hackers, including those from the Chinese military.

Cliff’s:
Key business interests closely tied to top government officials, want to merge the company that runs Dept of Defense security with a Chinese government owned firm.

This country is in a downward spiral. Things like this are so frustrating.

Chinese supplied Pentagon computer security? Never. These officials are not patriots.

Big deal…im sick of all these threads whining about the government… its america! take care of number 1! spend more time worrying about advancing your own status and less time worrying about what the rest of the world is doing!

bring every troop home, seal up the borders, quit importing/exporting anything, and fix the problems here. Once you ge tthings right here, then go out and start “helping” the world.

Agreed.

Other countries are recieving more help from us than people inside the country that need assistance.

the second time you and i agree 100% But unless someone makes an engine that runs off of water we are going to need to import petrol

that’s what alaska is for

add in there that a rewrite of the constitution is overdue also

it would probably never happen, conservationists and people of the such would assrape anyone who tries to make further moves on alaska, even though the place is already melting.

then make the hippies pay to get the oil here.

If it were me, I would have an oil well every 50 feet in Alaska and telling the middle east and tree huggers to lick my left nut.

We could probably take over Canada and use any resources they have while we are at it. Make Canada the 51st state. :smiley:

Waitaminute.

We don’t own Canada already?

Nah, Canadians are the same exact thing as Americans, except without guns.

Drill in Alaska, ditch the EPA, build new refineries, and we are oil independent.

If and when that shit runs out…let it, and the economy will find a new way to run transportation.

Its poorly thought out to think that more assistance will remedy most of the populations problems. How about we strive for less assistance, as well as less bureaucracies that take so much of our damn money.

when the mid-east oil ends, we will have a global battle for Alaska, just like Robotjox

that is the most un-American thing I’ve ever heard. That sentiment is why our government is completely corrupt and ineffective. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

increase the average MPG of all cars and trucks by 3mpg and we’d be oil independent. Without completely shitting on the environment.

Oh, and price of gas would drop like a rock.

We need to import and export to maintain a lifestyle and a standard of living that is beyond our own amount of work.

I believe much of Marx’s theories of value that labor is the only thing that can create value. We receive more value here than the amount of labor we put in because of products made overseas where people get far less back than the value of the labor they put in. Think of it this way if everybody worked 40 hrs a week then the entire amount of things produced would have to be the equivalent of 40 hours of work. they would get back the fruits of the amount of labor they put in. However we get more than what we put in and people in other countries get less.

It also isnt’ in our best interest to promote peace and help other countries. Instead we need to maintain disorder so long as there are dictators out there we can keep in power and keep them fat and happy. They are our allies so long as they give away their countries labor and resources in exchange for staying in power and living in palaces. When they start to make more trouble than they are worth then they become enemies. We aren’t in the business of promoting progress. If people lived in peace and developed their countries we would compete with them for resources and lower our standard.

What we fail to realize in this country is the fact that we exploit other economies to maintain the standard of living we currently have. They say the gap between rich and poor is growing wider in this country when in fact it may be shrinking. Compare yourself to a rich person and you will find there isn’t much the rich have that you don’t. Most of a wealthy persons money is tied up in capital which creates no value and is a necessity anyways regardless of who owns it. If you look at the actual difference in consumer goods between the rich and working class in terms of actual functionality there is almost no difference. The only thing being rich in this country honestly earns you is a higher spot in the keeping up with the jonses willy waving contest. There are very few goods and services unique to the wealthy to differentiate the rich from working class.

I just thought of that… when oil runs out in the med east… what do we do then?

I can honestly say that I see shit happening like US taking over canada or another country for oil and shit …

Ha…

That is completely incorrect. This world has one rule, pay to play. The finest cars, real estate, travel, and lifestyle are not attainable if you “work for a living.”

Watch “Wall Street” and you’ll get an idea what I’m talking about.

I don’t like being herded like cattle in airports, in fact, it sucks, but that’s what we do when we can’t afford our own planes. Show up 2 hours early, get strip searched, take off your shoes, belt, cell phone, put your shampoo is a ziplock bag, walk through, show your ticket to 8 different people, and get on a plane that has no A/C until it takes off. I guess that’s what Arnold Palmer does when he flies out of the airport that bears his name. That’s probably the same crap that John Kerry, Hilary Clinton, and Mit Romney put up with whenever they fly somewhere.

I don’t like the fact that some drug addict might be spitting in my food any time I go out to eat. If I had the money, I’d have a private chef. If I didn’t have to work for a living, I’d cook myself gourmet shit all day long, I’d eat nothing but the finest foods, primarily for health reasons, but I don’t have that kind of time or money. I work for the man all week to pay the bills. The gap is widening. You want proof, try and catch a member of the “elite” class in this country sluggging a Pepsi or Coke product, or on a commercial flight.

Airplanes of the 21st century are the Mass transit buses of the 20th.

Like most every time period in history, there are 2 classes, the Haves, and the Have-nots. Unfortunately, we have created a new underclass in the have-nots in the U.S. because of people who failed economics and believe in Marxist teachings. This class produces nothing (except off-spring which they rarely raise well), and they get their money from the working have-nots (you and I).

Marxist systems only work on a small scale. It does not work on a grand scale and it never will.