--- GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --- Thread!!!

Let me try and resurrect this thread.

The game rocks. Granted I lost the first mission twice because I haven’t played a 360 before and couldn’t mash buttons quick enough, however everything else is phenomenal.

I don’t understand why everyone complains about the driving. It is great. It is very easy to control once you get used to and definitely varies with the car you are driving (do not ever steal anything resembling a minivan).

Having skipped GTA:SA the girlfriend thing is new to me and I don’t see how it adds value but still funnny when the controller starts rocking.

The shooting controls are great once you get used to them.

being drunk is hilarious.

I like the way the wanted system works this time w/ the sphere where the police are searching for you. Again this may be from GTA:SA but is a huge improvement over VC IMO.

The only complaint is that half of the characters I can’t understand. A lot of times with the cell phone or people in the car there is dialogue that I can’t hear clearly because the other SFX are too loud (music + car noises etc)

Oh, two complaints. Can I move the fucking horn button? Every time I turn fast I’m fucking honking. It took me a while to realize it was me. I was like “why is it that every time I hit the brakes someone honks at me?” Annoying as fuck.

Overall, if you aren’t a pussy, you will love this game.

Even Monica, who has no interest in games whatsoever finds it hilarious and sat next to me watching me play for quite a while last night.