Greetings

[special ed]Hey you guys…[/special ed]

Anyway, hi everyone. I was introduced to this forum after meeting a few ‘cool’ people last night. I was on my way to Denny’s on McKnight from Pittsburgh when a group of individuals in a late 90s Nissan Maxima decided to have some fun. I obliged and we shared a few laughs. Later we pulled into the Eat N Park on McKnight when one of the backseat passengers wanted to ‘benchmark’ in his turbo Civic against my car.

Of course, within the first few minutes of the conversation I could tell these guys weren’t genuine car guys. They called the hood scoop on my car ‘faggoty’ which hurt me dearly and I still cry myself to sleep because of that…j/k. Not having respect for all motor vehicles is a sure sign of douchebaggery in my opinion.

They wanted to ‘run’ for $200 and being a broke college student, I had $18 on me. We finally agreed on $50 when one of my friends said he would pitch in the remaining amount. Apparently the car I was going to race was a 2000 Honda Civic with a B16 engine, and a T3/T04E .63 A/R turbo. Having had a few encounters with boosted civics I wanted to be cautious. High compression even with low boost (8psi) could prove a bit much for my WRX.

So we embarked upon a journey to Cranberry to pick up this guy’s Civic which apparently runs 13.8 in the 1/4. Another sure sign of idiocy was when I asked the guy what his car traps in the 1/4 and he replied “13.8”. Some of the comments made by the opposition had me second guessing myself and thinking that maybe they were sandbagging heavily. I would’ve thought that a Civic of that caliber would ET atleast high 12s or low 13s. I replied that my car ETs at 13.9 to 14.0. :hahano:

We line up at an unnamed road and go on the 3rd honk. The Civic gets about 1 foot ahead of me during the launch. sly grin By the end of 2nd gear I could see the civic in my rear view. By the end of 3rd gear I was laughing too hard to care. So now the Civic wanted to go from a 20mph roll. I said sure as long as I see my $50. I told the guy that we should’ve just raced for fun. He makes a comment to the tune of “they’ll never catch me and my money”.I tried to coax him into another race but he started getting violent and a bit racist towards me and my friend. I’ll leave those details out since they are not that important.

I told the guy that we’ll race from 20 and if he wins he can keep his $50. If he loses he gives me the $50 that he owes me AND he buys me dinner at Denny’s. Now the SupahFastJDM Civic speeds off while the Maxima does the same in the other direction. I guess they had no intention of paying up. Sore losers, I suppose.

So if you guys see a 2000 Honda Civic coupe with a bodykit, rear diffuser, glitter paint on the hood, and ‘turbonetics’ stickers everywhere, tell him I said Hi. Or give me his username on here. I’d like to have a little chat. :wink:

welcome:beer:

Welcome. Did the 00 boosted Civic sport mad-fly-Pittspeed.com-stickerz? (I’m guessing that’s why you’re here.) Anyway, have fun while you’re here, and remember to always get a trustworthy third party to hold the money beforehand. :slight_smile:

welcome

welcome

one of the best noob post in quite awhile :slight_smile:

welcome

Welcome. fuckin toolbags, should have got him on a dig and really hurt his feelins anyway you sounded a bit nervous about racing that rice rocket ?

welcome… that was worth reading lol… one of the best first posts evar

Welcome

good read, sounds like the typical dennys/eat n’ park race

welcome!

Welcome

welcome and I agree that was a great 1st post Ilive right near mc knight rd if I see him Ill be sure to call him.This area is ricer heaven

welcome

welcome. cool story.

welcome and please tell me he didnt have a pittspeed sticker…

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome fellas (and ladies if there are any).

I didn’t see any Pittspeed stickers and I suppose I’m glad I didn’t. It seems like this slow boosted civic with a douchebag behind the wheel is not really indicative of the general body here at Pittspeed. :slight_smile:

I don’t really care about racing for money. I usually just ‘benchmark’ against friends to see how certain mods/tune affect various cars. I’m an engineer by nature and by ‘profession’ so inquisitiveness is in my blood. I’m more into corners than straight line stuff and adrenaline is my drug of choice.

Well, for those that appreciate quality car videos here are a few of a car that looks JUST like mine and a dude driving it that looks JUST like me :wink:

Rally

Driving a 625whp Ford GT at Gainesville International Raceway (The Ford GT is not mine, although I wish it was :))
http://www.imvfilms.com/joesgt.php

Between the two videos you should be able to guess my name. :slight_smile:

hi

Good story. Most of the peeps on here are not d-bags like the kids you had the encounter with. Some are, but most aren’t.