GRID

Demo is out, looks good.

How’s the physics though? PGR looks good but drives like garbage. Forza looks ok but drives great.

i dunno i havnt grabbed it yet, but if the physics are anything like DIRT stay away.

Also if you think your good

A Ford Mustang GT-R is Up for Grabs as Codemasters Launches The GRID Playable Demo
The top five players will receive an all expenses-paid trip to the GRID launch party and a chance to win the eBay Motors Mustang GT-R.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with the low speed driving physics.

I played the demo driving the BMW in the race where you start from the back of the pack and after 15 minutes I’d had enough and tossed in the Forza disk.

Have any of the Grid programmers ever even driven a real car?

Send your resume, you could totally fix that game!!

just like Dirt.

Codemasters made the game?

Of course its gonna blow.

I didn’t think it played that bad, better then NFS: PS imo.

best time i got so far on the ebay challenge thing was 1:47:58.

Gotten through as much as forza as i think i’ll get (can’t get into the endurance races) but i may go back. Been kind of a lack of decent racing games lately. (Although i actually enjoy Dirt- thats what i’m currently playing. But there’s also a lack of rally games on the 360 and it’s better then sega rally so…)

Honestly i’d probably buy it.

I’m not sure what your issue is with the low speed driving. If you jam on the gas and spin out your car then I’d say it’s reacting correctly. It took me some getting used to but if you are gentle on the throttle at slow speeds, it won’t get squirelly.

how can you compare a simulation to an arcade game? :bloated:

:word: like in almost all games

Gay Related Immune Deficiency?

Go play Forza, or Gran Turismo then play Grid. Grid’s physics suck compared to either of those. The cars can make 90 degree turns almost like they’re on caster wheels at low speed.

Yeah, Grid is better than NFS but that’s not saying much.

Single axis steering, Dirt has the same thing.

dumb question, is forza setup like GT where you can modify your cars?

Yep, turbos, superchargers, exhaust, intake… all the mods are there. As well as pretty much every suspension setting you can imagine.

nice :tup: I may have to go buy it… never played any of them before.

I rather liked the feeling of Grid. I have GT Prologue but I enjoyed the arcade-ish feel of Grid.

If you don’t know what you’re doing with suspension settings (like me) you can make a car handle really, REALLY bad.

i liked the Grid demo… physics are fine for what the game claims to be.

i like the flashback feature… something new… replays are stunning
dorifuto ftw.