gsr pistions

i dont want to fry my bottom end on my ls-vtec when i put a turbo on it and i know that the rod bolts are what break

i cant afford to put aftermarket rods and pistons in but i did find gsr rods and pistons for like 80$

because the gsr block has the oil squirters on it that lubricate the piston would they work in my ls-block?

How many miles are on ur engine? I’m not quite sure about this, but i think the GSR engine also has a counterbalancing unit, so there may be an issue with swapping the rods in. Are aftermarket internals that expensive for ur car? How much boost would u plan on running?

The reason rod-bolt on LS bottom ends break is that they are not designed for normal operation at the higher RPM’s that the VTEC motors are. High rev’s lead to the bolts going 99% of the time. Spend $50 and get the ARP replacement bolts for the stock LS rods or just don’t rev the piss out the LS bottom end and you will be fine.

With respect to you GSR piston/rod into an LS block, yes it would work only is you are also putting a GSR crank into the LS block. Both the LS and GSR block have the same deck height/cylinder bores/spacing/etc. However, in comparing the LS rods and crank to the GSr crank and rods, the LS uses larger stroke crank with shorter rods than the GSR. Conversely, the GSR uses a shorter stroke crank with longer rods.

In short, GSR rod/pistons on a LS crank would stick out the top of the block by neally 2mm.

thanks ill just look into the arp rod bolts because i dident want to keep the gsr internals just wanted a cheap fix so i could rev a little higher than the ls rods would let me

thanks

Oils Squirters do not lubricate the cylinder walls they are sprain into the piston to cool temp charges.

They do also provide increased cylinder wall lubrication even if it is not there primary function.

Wrist Pin Lubrication, but not much cylinder wall, your crank puts more oil on the cylinders then squirters could ever. Theoretically you could say it lubricates more then not having them.

Umm, the site you posted states:

“The number of oil squirters in an engine is typically equal to the number of pistons within the said engine. Located at the bottom of the engine block, they take their supply of oil and funnel it into a small nozzle so that it is sprayed upwards to strike the cylinder wall and underside of the piston. This fresh supply of oil is used to cool the bottom of the piston, thus, keeping the temperature of the moving parts to a minimum.”

A constant jet of oil spraying at the cylinder wall and piston skirting/rod rotating at sevral thousand rpms is going to put a lot of oil on the cylinder walls. Nothing theoretical about it. A large reason why my built honda motor still has the squirters. I’ll take a little extra insurance while regularly seeing 9500+ rpm’s.

do not use any rods other than those made for an LS in an LS/VTEC. The rod ratio will go through the floor, and you will have to replace piston rings everytime you change your oil.