HONDA questions

Hey everyone, came accross a good deal on a micropolished LS integra crank and Manley rods and had a few questions for you Honda guys. How many lbs of boost can stock sleeves handle??? What will i have to do to fit the LS crank in my GSR block??? What is the stock bore on a GSR block 81.5 mm??? What bearings and pistons should I go with???
P.S. Thanks for the input ahead of time.

I’ve heard of stock GSR sleeves with the right tuning have been safely run at nearly 20 psi. Just get the right bearings for LS crank in GSR block. Stock bore on a GSR block is 81 mm. ACR or stock Honda bearings, and pistons…hmm, Weisco, CP, Arias…depends on what level of boost you’re seeing yourself ultimately running.

I run ACL bearings, OEMs are prob better…

Are they used manleys? I would never buy a used Rod esp when you can get a set of new Eagle for $280,

As for pistons they are all good. wiesco,CP,endyne.

stock bore is 81mm

as for the micropolished crank…that would make me nervous that it spun a bearing in its life…if thats the case it is toast

to Fit an LS crank in a Stock bore or slightly bigger GSR you are going to have to Remove the squirters and plug them. The skirt hits them

As for the sleeves they can hold 500hp without a problem with a good tune and it always running perfect

yay, im building on stock sleeves!!!

the rods are brand new never used and ill have to ask about the crank to see where he got it. Anyone know where to get a 3bar at a decent price?? will a garrett t3/t04e 60trim be capable of 500hp??

anyone know??

You can find a nice wideband at Spoolinperformance.com for a great price. As for the upper limits of that particular turbine, look up the compressor map and you’ll be able to figure out it’s efficiency limit.

Hybrid Can get 3 bars,

t3/to4e 500hp will be pushing the limit and wear out he turbo quicker…

I would suggest, getting Decent cams, a good IC and 3" ic pipeing will help out bigtime

ok thanks everyone for the helpful input.

Do honda guys still pin their sleeves as a cheap alt to full sleeves? I remember peopel doing this all over Homemadeturbo.com

can you use gsr rods and pistons w/ the ls crank?

No, ls crank is 89mm stroke the GSR and ITR’s are 87.2mm

Ehh that sort or fell off,

IMO it would screw up the harmonics and possibly cause them to crack!:blue:

if it has the right turbine setup to flow what that 60 trim will blow, then it will be capable.

3 bars are like $50 at advance iirc

what is advance iirc

im thinkin about changing my setup over to E-85, any opinions?

you can make around 400 on pump gas 93

with E85 to make 400 you will need like 1000cc injectors

I would wait and see if E-85 picks up…

Yea im really close to 400 now on 93, just talked to andrea for evans tuning she said i can make 500 on e-85 :slight_smile: i like 100hp increases for no alot of money.

Keep in mind you fuel system has to 30% larger as it takes more e85. So instead of needing 550cc injectors to make 400 you will need 850cc injectors bigger lines and a bigger pump.

I was going to put 1000cc injectors a driver box and keep my wahlbro 255 pump, do you think that pump will be efficient enough or run another inline???