How much boost for 500whp?

I’m getting a b16a and I’m pretty sure i’m gonna get it sleeved golden eagle and the turbo will be a gt35r. How many lbs to hit 500whp and do i need to do anything other than forged rods and pistons to safely run 500?

Variable question.

Short answer? 30psi-ish.

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/maps/gt35r.htm

i suppose i can just go to hybrid and say give me 500whp but they can’t do it unless i have forged pistons rods and it’s sleeved and ??? that’s the question. what else do i need for that to work?

umm, you have a goal in mind and u know u need pistons/rods. ahh, i’d let someone else build your car for ya.

how bout fuel setup? management? manifold/wastgate/bov/ect.

Here’s what I’m shooting for…

GT3582R
B18C1 (sleeved GSR out to 2.0 Liters)
Stock crank
Manley TT rods
Weisco Forged reinforced pistons, 9.0:1
some kind of high quality rings probably stock
Honda bi-metal bearings (or ACL tri-metal)
Hondata intake gasket
Skunk2 Pro intake mani
some brand of mini-ram exhaust mani (full-race is good but costly…talk to HybriD)
Tial 38mm WG
Greddy RS BOV
Head gone over with all new springs, valves and titanium retainer hardware (not sure of brand yet, probably omni power?)
ITR cams, or some other boost friendly cams
walbro 255 intank pump
some kind of rising rate FPR
Crome Pro on chipped P28 with a decent basemap (to start)
GM 3 bar
manual boost controller, just not Turbo-XS from what I heard.

…and I’m designing for 24+ psi and shooting for 500+ whp…

Sound about right? If you’re sleeving the b16, what mm are you boring out to? I ordered 84mm for 2.0L on GSR crank. If you go stock dimensions for B16 you’d need more boost to make 500 whp…and a GT3582R will do it on the 81mm from my sources.

10psi for me :slight_smile:

how much boost? all of it. don’t stop at 500 if you don’t have to. go until it doesn’t

My Opinions…
-Wiseco pistons come with rings (id just use them)
-Hondata intake manifold gasket is junk. mine melted/deformed
-38mm is way to small for 500+ i boost creep like a mofo. wish i went 44mm
-Hondata S300 FTW, i dont like crome on big $$ setups (thats just me)
-dunno if id run a walboro 255 pump for 500+ they make a setup for (2) 255’s intake. id run that or a sump
-Also when it comes to mani selection…LifteTime Warranty Pays Off!

i was at like 28 psi on a 61mm turbo crossing the 500 mark

with decent cams ls crank and a gsr head

I would run an intake up to 600whp and not be scared!

Also i dont think i would get a b16 motor sleeved they have a shorter deck, sleeve a ls or GSR…

let me throw some prices at your,

sleeves 1000
pistons rods 900
water/oil pump 175
gasket’s and bearings 225
head studs 100
injectors 200-300
turbo mani + waste gate 500-800+
There are ALOT of things

I’ll be over the 5 mark in the near future, and like these guys have already said…it’s going to take more than just pistons and rods and a GT35.

come to think of it i still have a manifold/wastegate/downpipe forsale

40mm

that has already supported 500+whp

i guess i was too vague. 1000cc injectors, skunk2 intake manifold, aem fuel rail, tuned on crome unless there’s a reason against it, tial 44 wastegate, turboxs bov, equal length mani, 81.5 bore, gsr cams maybe type r, i’m hoping to find a mani and downpipe that’ll be ac compatible, it may be a pipe dream. you guys don’t think a single walbro will support 500? anyway, didn’t mean to sound like a total noob, just was wondering about fuel pump, cams, etc.

Yo dog whats up on my b16 at 15 psi i was puttin down 407 when i cranked it up to 20 ish i know it was close to 500 if not right on the money or a lil more but my turbo manifold and down pipe is 4 sale good a set up that you want and i will sell it cheap for a manifold and downpipe thats ready for a eg and a tial 44mm vband wastegate

And that’s the source I am referring to…407 whp stock bottom end and with cranked boost setup was 500+

stenz, I wanted to go 44mm or larger, but all I have right now is 38mm…it’ll have to do for now.

I made 507 on 880cc injectors and a 255 with stock fuel lines, stock fuel rail, and stock FPR.

soo yes it will support it fine…

as for crome and 1000cc injectors…If it where me i would go with aem or hondata s300 with 1000’s

880 is as big as i would go on crome…

jeff made nice power on his 38mm wastegate…
Next year i am making my own electronic boost controler for like 30 bucks…

I as of this year i am against MBC

i got 517hp on my 3076 .63 a/r at 23psi. stock fuel rail,regulator lines and a walbro 255 pump, tuned on an old hondata stage 2bd. block is sleeved(83mm) with pistons and rods the head(factory type r),cams,intake are stock.

having a/c in they car makes everything really really tight and isnt worth the hassle . sammy(itr41) wanted to just say he had it but it was melting all his lines.

I got 513 whp 425 trq w/ 30/82 on stock fuwl lines, walbro 255 and 1000cc injectors on hondata s200. Motor is built bottom up they horsepower is pretty easy to achieve its how long you want it to last is where you spend the money.

X2 on ac it isnt worth it to put a bunch of money into a build then drag it down with accesories that are useless anyway p/s a/c FTL!!!

it’s my dd!!! i need AC.

I would highly suggest not daily driving a 500 whp honda.