GSR trans swap problem??

So tonight I put my GSR trans in. The trans mounted to engine with no problem as expected. All mounts, plugs, etc also went in as expected.

Heres the problem the halfshaft plugs directly into the GSR trans, But the bracket which attaches the halfshaft to the engine block is not sitting flush on the block (see diagram). The bottom bolts go in but tightly and you can feel them binding, but the top bolt is a no go 1/2 gap.

I dont want to just tighten them down for fear that could cause the diff to bind and fail.

Do I need a GSR halfshaft?? :wtf:

Specs: B18B LS motor, GSR Trans, in a 93 civic ex coupe.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/gsrswapprob.bmp

are you using an automatic half shaft?from what your describing it looks like you got an automatic half shaft. if so, you need a half shaft from a manual car(ls,gsr,type r).

Im not sure this the halfshaft that was in the car with my LS Manual Trans

Thats what could have toasted the LS tranny!!

make sure you put all the bolts in :bigthumb:

well automatic and manual half shafts are different, as far as fitting to your block(just like your picture, bolt holes are in the same spot but it dont fit flush against the block). get the right shaft, dont force the shaft into the block with the bolts, your asking for trouble that way.

i got a manual one if you need it

i’m gonna have to go with eric on this one. it sounds like you are trying to jam the automatic halfshaft in it. i think we saw the same scenario once before with this. someone had wiped out a tranny, went to put his new one in, and he had an auto halfshaft. the auto differential actually sits slighty further back inside the tranny than the manual one does, hence why it doesn’t want to sit flush.

btw, all B-series 94-01 integra halfshafts and 99-00 SI/del sol vtec intermediate shafts are the same.

Eric you were right it apparently the former owner had used the auto half shaft because the manual half shaft worked perfect.

As far as forcing the shaft in I know better than that if I would just forced in that would have caused the diff to bind resulting in failure. Like the LS trans I just replaced.

Good call thanks to Hybrid staff for you knowledge!!