gt 3071r?

Scott, do you want me to ban you again? You’re not contributing and being
a complete tard now. Spool is necessary for most forms of motorsports.
A peaky curve is fine for drag and your stage 57 buddy club cams, but not
for drift/circuit.

The chart mike posted was on freshalloy, the guy said he thought there
might be a boost leak. So the turbo boosts, boost drops off due to the
leak, then makes up for itself in the higher RPM. That seems like the only
good way to explain the dip in the dyno graph. I’ve never seen one like
that on another SR.

Both turbos are good for what they are designed for. GT3071R is a great
turbo for larger displacement engines, OR an SR with more mods to
increase flow and shift the powerband up a bit. Its fine for people looking
for higher HP, but a T03B Super 60 will spool sooner, and be better for
someone looking to reach the middle of the SR’s potential.

You can’t really say any particular turbo SUCKS. Every turbo has its
advantages and disadvantages. The turbo you need depends on the
application, and how the car will be driven. I am not a turbo genious or
anything, but … different turbos for different ginos.

Damn…someone’s touchy. Only reason I posted the super 60 map was because you weren’t posting any of yours up to prove the super 60 kicks the 3071’s ass. Math, theory and Corky Bell aside it’s a cold hard dyno sheet or Time Slip that proves a point. Without that it’s all just talk. The Super 60 car I posted is sick and I would have posted a better one but it was the only one I could find. You are welcome of course to post one of your own, since it won’t have all the boost issues that the one I posted had. I don’t have as much info on the Super 60 car but if you want more info on Oni-Kage car I have piles of it. I just figured SON members wouldn’t be interested in the little stuff like the results of Oni-Kage last compression test.

well it will be easy to see in person very soon. If those customers decided to dyno test then they can share thier findings with you…

Math, theory and Corky Bell aside it’s a cold hard dyno sheet or Time Slip that proves a point. Without that it’s all just talk.

a book with LOT’s of pictures for you I see.

Yep! Here’s is one of my favorites, perhaps you’re familiar with it?

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/bimgdata/FC0307103285.JPG

It’s a riveting read.

big little golden books are the shit

most people want the 300+ before the 1/2way point of the power band

you might want to be a bit more clear… 300 what? Hp? tq?

back to the subject, I havn’t been in a gt3071r, but I have been in a gt2540r, and when it hits at 4 grand… man, it kicks you back in your seat… just awsome

what power goals are you aiming for? What sort of driving do you do? There isn’t one perfect turbo for every use, you have to define it a little

this isn’t about one person or persons , so thier is no one to ask, what type of ‘power’ are you aiming for.

The comments were based around the overall ’ streetability ’ of the turbo vs. what is expected from a ‘steetable’ turbo. No one Iv’e spoken with or am working with has requested 350hp AFTER 4500 rpm. most want the 350 to be well in hand by ~ 3000-3500 and a broad percentage of that number over most of the powerband.

I saw this turbo as being a tad bit misrepresented in it’s supposed target market and not something that’s going to give you the best cost/performance figures on a 2.0L engine…

There are going to be alot of peope who are simply sold on it becuse it’s a ‘GT’ without knowing anything about the actual specifics… this topic at least allowed people to see one or two possible curves for that turbo.

Sorry about the confusion, but the second part of my post was directed at the original poster

as for 350 Hp at 3500 rpm, that means the motor must make 525 ft/lbs tq at 3500 rpm. No possible way thats happening on a mild or moderate SR… thats more like a big V8 or a truck turbo diesel

generalizeation based on what the customer ’ says’ . rather then actual contextual fact… however now that I KNOW your that kind of person I will endevour to be as litteral as possible next time I talk to you.

however now that I KNOW your that kind of person I will endevour to be as litteral as possible next time I talk to you

I’ll take that as a compliment, so thanks for thinking about me :smiley:

although I think more people should do that as much as possible in the technical part of the forum… more fact and figures and less opinions stated as gospel (IMO)

unless it’s a basic formula question you can’t really state a hard number on allot of things, too many variables to say " yes this is the exact number" opinions do count as allot of them are from hard earned experience. So optinions are just that though… off the cuff, and should be recognized as such easily without having to go into the sordid details 100% of the time.

In this case posting dynos without any context to quantify the results with is not the type of ’ hard numbers’ that will help , only confuse.

Of course making claims with out any dynos at all isn’t much better now. Is it? Here is the additional info about the car you requested.

-Microtech ECU
-Blacktop s13 sr20det
-Greddy RSPL intercooler
-GT3071R .63 Garrett turbo
-Hotshot t3 tubular manifold Header wrapped.
-Rochester 65lb injectors
-HKS fuel rail
-Denso Supra OEM fuel Pump /w z32 tt fuel filter(apparently this makes a huge difference in flow)
-AEM FPR
-Profec b spec 2
-Borla muffler custom 4sfed 3 Inch stainless exhaust.
-Tial 40 mm wastegate

Car is running stock bottom end and stock head gasket

On the second dyno run ( the 19-21psi one) he added bosch coil packs, fresh plugs, and a fullrace manifold. ECU has been tuned for smooth safe runs not max response or power. Timing has not been played with. The runs were made on a Dynojet 248. The avg A/F is 11.5

If there is anything else you need to quantify the results let me know.

PS Still looking for a half decent Super 60 dyno, feel free to jump in with your own at any time. All I can find are guys using Super60 wheels in T25/T28’s to make “Big28’s” hybrids. I’m also still trying to find real numbers on an SR that makes 350whp at 3000rpm…seems kinda fanciful if you ask me.

Of course making claims with out any dynos at all isn’t much better now. Is it?

opinions do count as allot of them are from hard earned experience.

I’m also still trying to find real numbers on an SR that makes 350whp at 3000rpm…seems kinda fanciful if you ask me.

generalizeation based on what the customer ’ says’ . rather then actual contextual fact…

Still looking for a half decent Super 60 dyno, feel free to jump in with your own at any time.

If those customers decided to dyno test then they can share thier findings with you…

You think I’m going to actually bother to listen to or fill a request from you ROTFLMAO

it’s that no picture thing again for you isn’t it… or you just enjoy being a dumb ass daily, not sure which…

:lol: Ahh for god’s sake Rotor, no name calling. It’s good to see someone so passionate about a turbo though.

Sorry to barge in and change it up a bit, but if it’s not suitable for an SR with it’s 2.0L of displacement, and it would be suitable for a 2.5, then shouldn’t it be quite streetable on a KA at 2.4?

I was saying 2.5L I6., simply based on gas velocity… but it would be better on a KA then an SR just from a volume point of view. The .63 AR turbine housing is big, requires allot more gas volume to spin the turbine up… IF I could get them regularly I would almost offer a .38 T03b housing to some customers. Since they have to come from France, it’s not a viable option all the time.

Yeah I guess I like those nifty dyno pictures. Sorry if I’m a little wary of any claims you make regarding horsepower but you can’t really blame me after you were claiming 500whp on your FC. Seeing as your trying to sell the Super 60’s it would seem to me that it would be in your best interest to provide suporting dynos or timeslips to back your power claims rather than calling me names. Last time I checked we both left elementary school behind along time ago. Maybe now is a good time to start acting like it?

*Okay this one was so OT it wasn’t even funny…except that it was funny but that is besides the point. No turbo talk and no dyno = Deleted

-El*

look who got thier mod status back by threatening to fire andy if he didn’t

look who, within a day abused thier mod privledges…

Sociopath.

Mike didn’t abuse his mod priveledge, the post had nothing to do with the
thread and was all personal attacks… anyways less flaming more turbo
talk.

I r teh turbo n00b so maybe I can learn some more stuffs in this thread.

GT3071R .50 /.56 Compressor Map (not the exact sizing being discussed I guess, but close)

T03B .48 / Super .60 Compressor Map
http://www.turbocalculator.com/compressor-maps/t3-s60.jpg

I don’t know exactly how these apply to the SR or whatever, someone
explain the potential powerband and peak power for each turbo.

Here are the numbers required for a nice 19PSI on the SR (1988CC)

Boost Pressure (PSI)
Intercooler Loss (PSI)
Pressure Ratio (14.7+Boost+A4)/14.7
Displacement (CID) Displacement (CC) Conversion Factor
121.9 1988 0.0610237
Volumetric Efficiency
Intake Temp (deg. F)
Intake Density
9.16334E-05

RPM Mass Flow (LB/Minute) Corrected Mass Flow Engine Flow (CFM)
3000 16.76 15.90 221.63
3250 18.15 17.23 240.10
3500 19.55 18.55 258.57
3750 20.94 19.88 277.04
4000 22.34 21.20 295.51
4250 23.74 22.53 313.97
4500 25.13 23.85 332.44
4750 26.53 25.18 350.91
5000 27.93 26.50 369.38
5250 29.32 27.83 387.85
5500 30.72 29.15 406.32
5750 32.11 30.48 424.79
6000 33.51 31.80 443.26
6250 34.91 33.13 461.73
6500 36.30 34.45 480.20
6750 37.70 35.78 498.67
7000 39.10 37.10 517.13
7250 40.49 38.43 535.60
7500 41.89 39.75 554.07
7750 43.28 41.08 572.54
8000 44.68 42.40 591.01

So it looks like the SR requires ~42LB/MIN to boost 19PSI right to redline

From the graph of the T03B it looks like it can support the 35LB/MIN flow
requirement up to 6250RPM, and after that it will start to run out of legs…
But the t03B would spool in the low 3000s…

From the graph of the GT3071R it looks like it it wouldn’t be efficient till
higher RPM but it would then proceed to pull like a filthy whore to redline
and beyond!

(Disclaimer: I am a turbo n00b and don’t know what I am doing, I was just
fucking around with numbers, but I got an A+ in highschool Physics so I
know enough to figure some shit out I guess?)