gt2870rs diso, or gt2871r

hey guys was trying to find a thread about this and couldn’t find one so i think this will be good to know the complete differences between the two.

so im at the point of trying to decide witch turbo to go with and the pros and cons of the two,

like what would be the diffrene between a 64 trim and a 86 trim and the 71r and whats the big difference with the gt28rs (disco)

as for what type of racing i plan to do would be, Touge, time attack and some drag, really appreciate any input and advice and also would be a great thread for anyone else that is looking to upgrade there sr20.

disco potato = 2860rs

I am running a 2871 .64 Simply put, the difference is that the larger compressor of the 2871 will require more exhaust gas (therefore rpm) to reach full boost than the 2860. My old t25 would hit full boost by 3200rpm, the 71 takes until 4200 (even more if you get the .86). The 2860 would prolly be somewhere in between. So next you have to REALISTICALLY consider how much hp you want to make. The 71 is capable of supporting over 400whp but you will need cams, headgasket and studs, intake and turbo manifolds, 740cc injectors and management to do that ($$$). The 2860 will easily support 300 whp which is a much more realistic goal (plenty of hp for drift and drag) and will do it with minimal lag, giving you more usable power. If I could do it again I would have gone with the 2860.

I’ve tuned lots of each.

Disco Potato guys always end up wanting more…ALWAYS.

Just get a 2871R .64 and be done with it.

sounds fair, right now i max out at around 5-5500 on my stock s14 sr turbo at it gets there very fast at 15psi, so i guess it would be the same with the disco

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

i also forgot to ask about the hks gtrs kit for $2200 would that be a better choice then the gt2871r for the extra $1200? theres also greddy trust and tomei pro arms

Just get a garrett…that hks crap is just marketing.

yup

cool, thanks guys