GT2871R.64 on redtop

ok there has been lots of thread on this, i just want to make one that clarifies everything

From my little research today this is what i have found

--------------necessary ----------------

-255 LPH fuel pump

-550cc injectors or more

-full catback exhaust

-Front mount Intercooler

-Oil drain flange( conecting the oil drain from turbo to block )

-taka style lines with oil restrictor: i heard stock lines are fine as long as its original, they have a built in restrictor in the banjo bolt

-3inch elbow

-downpipe

-z32 AFM

-clocking plate if you are running a Front mount IC(redirect the turbo inlet and outlet if bolt-on is required)

-new oem exhaust gaskets: block to manifold, manifold to turbo, turbo to elbow, elbow to downpipe, downpipe to cat

---------------------recommended---------------------

-fuel pressure regulator

-Rocker Arm Stopper( prevent damage at higher RPMS or if you miss shift.)

-Good clutch to handle the power

-colder plugs

-thicker Head Gasket and ARP headstuds

-exhaust manifold

Modify the Stock Inlet and outlet pipes for it to fit, no extra parts needed ( If reclocking plates have not been purchased

Thanks everyone for helping out on this.

Post Info if you have other suggestions

exhaust mani. stance clocking plates. i think the sg store has em… makes stock piping fit. and get the lines and a 3 inch elbow / dp. frees up some easy hp. and go at least 550cc inj

mind me asking what are stance clocking plates? lool I’m still learing sorry

it adjust the elbows on the turbo so that the intercooler pipiing fits.

aftermarket fuel pressure regulator i don’t think is a must. Im certainly not running one and everything is fine. And i don’t remember seeing an significant benefit to it when i was doing my hw.

If ur getting a front mount then ur just going to need couplers and clock the turbo. Im not sure about the oil lines but i did opt for the taka lines

What boost you going to be running? If something high than grab a thicker headgasket and arp head studs… as well grab a aem uego. What are you going tune it with?

Stock mani is perfectly fine…

so stuff on there is recommended and a must, I made a list of the differences but decided to put all of it togheter, I’ll be running 14-15, I thought of getting a power FC, i’ve been told its not needed for my setup as i will but be playing with boost, when its done im not gonna touch it anymore,

Im basicly going all out from what my budget can afford and that will be it, the rest will be more body, suspension and interior

I plan on doing all the work myself, except the head gasket and head studs i have never done, i rather not do myself unless i get step by steps on how to do so.

ECU tune, and Uego for sure, my 100$ AFR is a beautiful light show but i need acuracy not show

You need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator to adjust for the walbro 255 hes gonna put in…stock SR regulator IS NOT adjustable.

You also need to consider the clutch…

imo it would be less of a hassle to change now when all the work is done than to have it go shortly after the build.

but if you already have an upgraded clutch … disregard this

you’ll need a tune, vipec, powerfc somethin

ECU tune not good enough?

yup i already have a stage 3 clutch, forgot the brand but its high quality, if it comes back to me I will edit this post.

I would go Power FC, ecu tune will suffice but you will out do it eventually imo. Oh yea and some rocker arm stoppers.

oh ya thats about to get purchased through Bings forgot to mention ty to all the contributers

keep it comming, maybey this will get stickied!!

if you are looking for budget ecu tune. a piggy back system like emange should suffice. but id say power fc is the best route… an i never ran an adj fuel reg and my car was fine with gt2871r and walbro 255

but why do u want to adjust the fuel pressure?

depending on your boost pressure, u want the best performance out of your engine, u dont wanna make it run too Rich… or too lean

nooo… the ecu will control that.

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk? are u referring to the fuel pressure regulator?

but regarding getting a afpr because u got a walbro still makes no sense… Getting one because u need to dump more fuel into the engine out of a limited duty cycle, its more accurate/reliable or it improves vaporization/spray pattern all of which i can believe.

never mind i think i just realized what ur doing.

For one im not familiar with ECU tunes as i don’t know what control that gives u. Timing, Duty cycle? factory map/tables?. But im assuming because of limiting factors of the ecu your tuning your fuel injector flow mainly by pressure and not duty cycle?