GT3071R Question

Based upon the same turbo as the HIGH flowing, larger framed GT3071R, but conveniently packaged into the same style turbine housing as the popular GT28Rs/GT2871R turbos. This turbo is uniquely configured with its own turbo wheel trim, turbine A/R, and compressor housing. Unlike, the GT28RS and GT2871R, this turbo now has a much larger compressor housing to support the much higher flowing 71mm compressor wheel. Comes with T25 style inlet flange.

Turbine
-Wheel: 56.5mm w/ 84 trim
-Housing: 0.64 a/r
-Internally Wastegated (No Actuator) WTF is this
-Maps: Not Available

Compressor
-Wheel: 71mm w/ 56 trim
-Housing: .50 a/r
-Maps: Not Available
-Inlet: 2.75"

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-025&Category_Code=GRT

Robbby, on this site is running one of those turbos…

i thougt you wanted something more streetable…

arent you on the other side of the gobe now anyways?

Sorry if you dont understand my post.
My question is why it is internally gated and has no actuator. I have my spare actuator from my old T28 I think. I can use it right, or does this turbo need no actuator.

Now, is this turbo going to suck as in laggy?
On the turbine side the wheel on the GT2871 is a bit smaller but they fit it in the .64ar. So why does the GT2871 need the .86ar to spool the wheel on higher RPM?

Turbine
-Wheel: 53.85mm w/ 76 trim
-Housing: .86 or .64 ar

I’m assuming your question is why is there no actuator

my answer is because most likely this is a hybrid turbo that has been slopped together witha bigger compressor housing but a typical T25 exhaust housing, complete with wastegate flapper.

Most people would weld these things and go external, however If you wanted to be super duper you could make your own actuator rod and from there.

long story short this turbos too big for what you wanna do dude :stuck_out_tongue:

get a 2871 56trim from bing (if he can get them yet) and bolt it right on and you’re done

Yes I want to have something more streetable. My definition of streetable is not having a manifold crack like those SS Auto ones, a downpipe that would melt the brakes, or hit the steering column in a freak accident.

I’m getting a Megan bottom mount.
Paying an extra $100 over the GT2871 is no problem, if this, in fact, is a better turbo.

My goal is to have 350-380 without having 20+psi

thanks sasha.
i want my car to feel silky smooth like a V8 VIP.

.64 or .86 ar on the 2871?

Check this bad boy out. 100% bolt on from Garrett. This is what Id recommend.

http://shop.hybridynamics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=200

Thats a good find. It’s cheaper than anything I’ve seen! But I already sold the part from my T28 that goes to the air filter and FMIC.

If you want more streetable I would not suggest the 3071R that you posted.
The GT30 with 71mm compressor wheel came with 3 different sized turbine wheels. Two of them, including the one you mentioned came fitted in t2 housings and have proven to be not all that great in terms of spoolup and top end flow. If you want a streetable gt3071 you have to goto the T3 .63 with 60mm turbine wheel and 3" 4 bolt conical discharge. If you want to stay bottom mount on a t2 flange and stay ‘streetable’ and still make good power definately look at the 2871R lineup.

yea thats the .64 56trim

you’ll never have V8 smooth because you have a 2L inline 4. You have to make a decision for low end torque or high end hp.

IMO the extra 20hp you get for 1000rpm isn’t worth the 400-600rpm you have to wait for the turbo to spool up, not even to mention transient response. Even at 6000rpm that thing will take forever to come back online

not to even mention the fact that if yo’ure making more than 350whp your car will be overheating like a gooncoon on the track, these things never stay cool.

yea thats the .64 56trim

you’ll never have V8 smooth because you have a 2L inline 4. You have to make a decision for low end torque or high end hp.

IMO the extra 20hp you get for 1000rpm isn’t worth the 400-600rpm you have to wait for the turbo to spool up, not even to mention transient response. Even at 6000rpm that thing will take forever to come back online[/quote]

Preach on brotha! Can I get an AMEN!

umm no. that is the 52 trim. even faster spool than the 56 trim. The HKS GT-RS is 52 trim. I want it… because methinks there is too much stress with the larger trim… but I dont know what I’m talking about anyways haha

so… the .86 is not worth it right? go for the fast spool? sasha i thought it drops right off past 6000rpm tho. let me do a search for some of your dynos. I dont want to spin my tires down low, I want 8000rpm powah for the honda in me hahahha

my boost > your vtec