GTA north meets now at woodbine and 16

Well we could always plan a nice highway cruise from the meet, south on the 404/DVP, west on the Gardnier Expwy, north on Young St, west on Richmond St through the club district just to see what’s happening downtown, then back east on Queen St, north Parlament St, east Bloor St, north DVP/404 back to the meet spot.

It’s a nice drive, good scenery and it’s not more then 50-60KM’s there and back so we won’t empty our tanks.

Then for those who want to, we can go have some fun! :wink:

The nicer weather does seem to be here so it’s also not cold out at night for a drive.

I don’t know, just an idea.

What do you guys think?

Dude, good idea…but consider taking DVP to Richmond, following to John ST. south, then Adelaide back to DVP, it’s faster and probably covers more or as many of the hot spots! 8)

Oh, and it’s a simpler route IMO. :stuck_out_tongue: Just a thought though…

Well anyway is fine with me really. I just thought a nice cruise downtown would be cool.

Again, this is’nt my meet so Im just tossing out an idea.

There’s also no way people can get lost because we would all know what streets we’re taking before hand. So even if a few guys are caught at lights, no biggie. We’ll all eventually meet back anyway. As long as were driving properly and what not there should’nt be any issues.

My car is too low for downtown. My aero will shatter and my exhaust will
be snagged by the steetcar tracks :frowning:

why go into the heart of the downtown parking lot when it’s a ‘north’ meet ?

maybe I’m just too old and happier to be driving without stop and go traffic, smog and the underside of my car being scraped up… maybe it’s cooler to be able to hang out without the prospect of cops hunting you from the shadows just waiting for the slimmest excuse to come up and break the meet up and do an inspection while they are at it…

Why not dump it into the back ground a bit more buttonville airport gets no action… hell I’ve seen a company that around there test the ford daytona prototype machine on the roads back there… days after they tested the Panoz and weeks after they tested the Viper ACR carbon body racer there…

^^^^^which roads at Buttonville airport are you talking about? go here http://maps.google.com/ and try to find them on teh satellite images and point it out if you can… im interestesdted in knowing.
thanks

that google map system is way cool! so much better then mapquest for quick finds…
I know they used the frontenac to 7W to 404N to 16thE to woodbine south as the ’ test track’ :slight_smile: late at night yes but I could have sworn their are more roads back there… guess large truck access out back tend to make it seem like more roads… anyway… it’s a good area but on an overview not as good as I thought. I still have a love for the forks of the credit

Shall we start these up?
make it fridays?
thursdays?
9pm?
state your opinion and maybe we can have the first one this week

yea lets get this going.

many peoples cars are out and the weather is great right now.

GT

I’m down. Thursdays or Fridays should work for me, esp. this week.

well it looks like there is a meet this thursday then
how about we all meet by the tims, in teh far south/ west corner of the lot, next to the gas station, if its no good there we can change it for next time.

Sorry Derek but I can’t do Thursdays. As I live in the Shwa and have to work early Friday mornings, it’s not worth driving all the way in only to stay for not even a couple of hours.

If these meets could be held on a Friday or Saturday night then I can come.

Take care guys.

Easy 8)

Friday nights would be best because people who have to work the next
day can’t stay very long on thursdays.

I will be done exams on the 20th of April, so after that I’ll be out to most
of the GTA North meets.

I should be out to those early May. Awsome choice. That lot is quite and cop free. Friday would be best as I work early mornings, so I can’t stay past 11 on Thursday nights.

Andrew.

whenever . i think more ppl would come on thurs … b/c alot more ppl do alot more stuff on the weekend like party and go to clubs and what not but whatever i dont care… just wondering is there going to be a meet this week??

Actually… purple240sx is right… I didn’t think about that when I voted, so it’d be 8-5 for thursday right now.
And I’ll be available after the 26th (last exam) but my veee-hicle will be available from the 1st of May. I might bring the Corolla if there’s a big meet before May thou.

Why not just meet the same place we did last year? At Dr. Inks, which is at Steeles and Woodbine. Large parking lot, no bullshit, hidden away from the outside world (well… relatively) and cops never came there either.

yeah i think dr inks is the best place man. . or woodbine and 16th .

and true to do it on thursday\s everytime we meet we dont always have to do shit either just chill u no and talk we dont always have to eat every week then we all blow are megan racing suspension b/c too much weight in the car lolahahaha naw im kidding i donno what ever try to keep it tho in markham at least

AND JUST HURRY UP AND DECIDE SOO WE CAN GET ONE ROLLING THIS WEEK

just checked the weather is supposed to be like really sunny this week + 15 everyday

Yes +15 during the day but ~0 at night still. I think that’s why a lot of people are reluctant to come out so quick. Not to mention that many are still finishing up their cars to perfection.

Either way I’m down for whenever/wherever.