GTR BS!

-Customers have to sign a waiver stating they will not complain about brake or transmission noise.

lol, what?

Didn’t old muscle cars have the “no warranty” deals right from the factory?

X…

The factory freak cars did not have a warranty, like the Hemi Darts that were esentially a drag car you bought from Dodge in the 60’s, I think they made about what, 25 of them, if that. But as far as a 454 Chevelle, hemi Cuda, 427 Mustang’s, no, they all had a warranty.

Thats a pretty shitty way to treat a customer.

I know about these trans, in essence. I have the DSG transmission in my gti. While it’s one of the most impressive vehicles I’ve driven I am currently driving on an extremely broken transmission from track use and I am thanking god because of my warranty.

$4500 dollars in transmission damages is no joke.
I understand where they’re coming from not warrantying these things.

EDIT: It’s getting fixed tuesday and I am grateful that they understood what happened and are willing to fix it. And as much as the DSG is awesome I’d rather take a manual gearbox again.

I know this isn’t a DSG transmission but the concept is similar.

probably has a lot more R&D

the price of the car certainly reflects it.

+1 for manual gearbox

THis just in…customers can not complain if the car breaks either.

This is why Porsches cost as much as they do.

SOMEONE PLEASE FIND THE PICTURE OF THE WHITE GTR NEXT TO THE WHITE PORSCHE.

That picture is worth 1000 words and I can’t find it.

OMG I just saw that pic like 2 days ago too!

The GTR IS HUGEEE

Here is one but there are better ones.
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46443&highlight=porsche+gtr+big

The GTR looks retarded and I am not even talking about size.

Thats the one I was thinking of.

The front view is hilarious, I wish i could find it.

The GTR is funny because at first in pictures it looks normal sized to small, then you see it in pictures next to other cars and it looks huge but if you see it in real life its not thaaat big.

Ya people dont realize some of the cars in pictures how small they are. I saw this car in chicago at the auto show. i love it. its bigger than your 2 seater car but its not gigantic that some pictures show.

what awd manual trans cars are there that you can beat on mercilessly and have them hold up for years?

im not defending nissan in the least but it irritates me that companies offer AWD and I cant do 6k clutch dumps on it all day long without something breaking. :slight_smile:

Brian

plain and simple, the gtr is a track car, its made for the track, its designed to peform its best on a race track… yes, launches are fun, but this isnt a drag car

Ya you cant beat the shit out of this car and expect it to last. Its not marketed as a daily driver.

exactly…

while im not defending nissan in any way for the shitty customer service, they know how much these things cost and know what people are going to do when they get one. its only smart that they cover their asses.

what kills me is the people that are bitching out there cause they launched their car 25 times and the tranny broke… well no shit…

you take an awd system, put the power behind it that the gtr has, rev it to 5500 rpm and essentially dump the “clutch” what do you think is going to happen

personally im impressed with a transmission that can take that many dumps from high rpm’s and still stay intact

but if you buy the car to go and race through the city and drag race people light to light, youre in the wrong car

I suspect this is going to end up like the e60 M5 where they just stopped selling them with launch control.

This is why I can’t figure out why anyone would choose a GTR over a z-06.Ever.
Z-06 fully loaded can be had for $70K.You don’t even need a GM discount.Go on any corvette forum and the big dealers are advertising specials everyday.
IMO and most I’ve talked to/read Z-06 looks 100% nicer.
Car has 100K warranty and you can take it to any chevy dealer and have it worked on.
Spend only $2k and have easy 550HP.
I guess the interior is of poor quality tho.
D