GTR cheap supercar?

who the hell cares what is a ‘performance’ car and what is a ‘supercar’ in everyones opinion. if 2 cars perform at or close to the same level, then they are gonna get compared, regardless of whether or not you see one more commonly than the other. if a car is made to perform and has advertised performance features, then the owner should be able to race the car and use the features w/o worrying about the manufacturer voiding the warranty/not standing behind their car, or paying out the ass for ridiculous repairs (like the tranny). doesnt matter if you are loaded and can afford the repairs or not, its still not acceptable. hell, i can go outside right now and use launch control and drop the clutch on my SS all day long. if i drop the tranny (which more than likely wont happen) then Colussy is putting a new one in it on GMs bill, no questions asked. thats what the owner should expect when buying a performance car, whether its 25g’s or 100g’s

agreed ^^

In this case, even a $25K Cobalt SS is better than the GTR. Nissan’s own 370Z > GTR.

GTR FTL.

smokey… i agree 100% on everything you have posted. i was thinkin about your SS when reading about the launch control sucking on the GTR’s

we all pretty much agree… if nissan would have put a real manual tranny in the GTR with a clutch and 6 gears and it held up to 6000RPM side steps then that car would be a supercar or what ever you want to call it now.

IMO if a car is this polarizing about either being love/hate, then it’s not a super car. Don’t rattle off performance figures, because that’s not what makes a car an exotic or a super car. That just makes it fast. Big deal. There are a lot of camaros, cobras, supras, etc that will beat the pants off of this big bloated car without breaking a sweat - and guess what they’re not super cars either.

The purity, the heritage, the sex appeal, the status symbol, the exclusivity, amongst other things help ‘define’ the gray area that supercars fall under. Odds are, if you aren’t on an internet forum or read car magazines where they hype the shit out of the GTR… you don’t give two fucks about it. You’d probably look at it and wonder if that is the new 350z… then wonder why its as big as the maxima. The car in a lot of ways is an engineering marvel (debatable, with the maintenance costs and the durability issues of the car), but it sure as shit isn’t a super car.

Sorry if that burst the jap car fans’ bubble, but its the truth - same as a civic with vtec and a fart pipe still isn’t a sports car. Some things just aren’t meant to be…

Is anyone on this board in the market for a supercar? No? Then how about you all shut the fuck up about it. Jesus Christ arguing back and forth about cars that most of you have never even seen in person, let alone driven, and will NEVER EVER own.

why do you have to be in the market for a GTR to talk about it? this is a car board, afterall

same stupid argument, over and over again.

yea dont you all know that pittspeed is just about gay jokes and talking about kolar’s dick…:rolleyes:

I hope you’re fucking kidding. You can’t even make that type of an assumption that nobody has that type of money because they piss around on an internet forum. :doh:

agreed, but its no different than the 9708780 other pointless threads on here, the threads about noobs etc. it was nice to actually have a decent thread/conversation about cars for once:dunno:

you seem to be the only one fantasizing about Kolar’s junk. :greddy:

Darkstar, we will talk about whatever the fuck we want to and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. :moon:

Granted… but the GTR’s whole claim to fame is being a “Budget Supercar.” When it becomes as expensive to drive and maintain as a “real” Supercar it loses a lot of it’s luster. And realistically it’s $100k+ to get one. In that ball park I’d pickup a 360 or something. Sure a 360 is much, much slower than a GTR (or my Z06 for that matter) but if you want the most bang/buck you’re not looking at Supercars in the first place.

-TJ

pretty much, but i just dont see the point of some ppl bashing the car because of hear-say rather than hands on experience.

the internet never lies. If someone says the transmissions are junk on a website, then they are junk.

well maybe the spots in the manual for new serial numbers are a bit of a give-away, combined with the fact that ppl have said they r garbage combined with the fact that the warranty is voided if you turn off traction control or race the car (according to the black box). seems to me that the voiding of the warranty goes hand-in-hand with the fact that Nissan knows the shit is gonna break when its placed under race conditions, which is why they try to deter owners from doing any of that.

werd.

I just did. now stfu, noob.

And then it turned fucking gay, because you’re all fucking faggots.

I can own a car that does faster than 20 seconds in the quarter mile. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, bitch.

there is no such thing as a budget supercar. Supercars are super because they’re fucking expensive and exclusive.

exactly my point. “well I read in Car and Driver that it sucks!” oh yeah well i read on the Nissan forums that they’re great!!

:kekegay:

Shut up before I crush you with my wallet :rofl:

Crush me with a new GTR and i might be semi-impressed, balla

then thats basically saying that every car is a POS because last i checked, every car has slots in the back to mark down any kind of maintence. so in hindsight, every car must be big POS’s because everything breaks and needs to be marked down, while on the GTR only the trans. is a problem, catch my drift?

no, i missed that cause i was out driving my car w/ the traction control off and using launch control, while still being under warranty and retaining a car that still works perfectly fine.