GTR cheap supercar?

i just dont see how you saw somewhere that ppl said that the transmissions break so they are junk, now you are on the bandwagon. that would be like somebody saying that the zr1’s wheels fall off so they must be junk, you have no experience with it, but it must be true!

but tranny replacements should not be a part of maintenance on any car.

omg i cant own a vette now. fuck that they wheels fall off. is there a spot in the owners manual to write down when they fall off… does this void the warranty?

haha if I were going to drop that money on a car, it would be for a viper.

well what about everything voiding the warranty? how does that not factor in. dont you think if they knew it wasnt gonna break, then they would warranty it? im not basing my opinion strictly off of ppl complaining on them breaking, im basing it on all the things that have been brought up

i can think of one that will say the same thing… :tool:

tool? like Maynard? Yeah, I’m sure he lost a hell of a lot more than 70-80k hahaha.

AIG FTL!!!

You must be a hardcore nutrider or something. I think it is funny how you want to brush under the rug that driving a car how it was meant to be driven and use features that they hype to sell the car will void the warranty and mostly likely stick you with a $15-$20 K repair bill. I don’t care how much money I made if I paid money for a car that was designed to perform then when I actually drove it hard which caused it to break and the warranty was void…then you better bet I would be pissed. But it seems you seem to think that every car has similar problems like this, but that is in your little dream world. Like Smokeyassturd said, he can turn off the T/C and do 300 launch control launches in his SS and it would still be fine…and if it would happen to blow a tranny then he would drop it off within 100K miles and get it replaced for free…and that is with a $25K car. I am not trying to say a Cobalt SS is in the same class as a GTR, but at least GM actually designed the car to be able to handle using a feature the car comes with.

Tip: Don’t buy a GTR.

:nuts:

lol I got that a number of times, but I don’t care. I love em!!

really…

DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp is recalling nearly 1.5 million Buick, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile and Pontiac mid-sized cars due to a potential leak of engine oil that could cause an engine fire.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE53D31P20090414

i’m sure it’s also no concern to you that one is a cavalier with 250 hp and one is a nissan with 470… right?

What point are you trying to make? My GTP was on that recall…dropped it off and picked it up no $ and no questions asked. That is the way it should be. You make a mistake in a design or whatnot then you own up to it and pay for it.

I wouldn’t knock the Coblat SS that much, it performs very well for what it is. I just was making a point that GM designed it to actually withstand a factory installed option…not break and have the warranty void b/c they know they built a junk tranny.

Actually you bring up a good point…knowing that the design of the $15-$20K transmission is junk maybe they should recall it and replace them all for free?

mine fell off of a 1995 Corvette coupe & onto my truck. Worked out great for me. Corvettes are junk 'cause the wheels fall off - don’t you know?

GTR = Gay Turd Ricer

:rofl:

you must not know me very well there skippy…

i am not defending the GTR, but for ppl on here to bash it even though they have no first hand experience with one or even KNOW someone who does, is just pure BS to me

Read post # 85

Difference is the ZR1 would be covered under warranty.

would be nice to believe that, but with GM’s current problems they will look for any reason to void warranty as well.

:ugh2:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/avanit/separated-thumb-555x717.jpg
:rofl:

That’s my fucking point exactly. So people need to stop talking about GTRs in terms of “for the money…” and “in it’s price range…” and just talk about “amongst Supercars…” IF they want it to be taken seriously as a Supercar. And I think with the “bargain” argument thrown out the window it quickly becomes a red-headed step child. It’s too compromised (and ugly) to be real Supercar, and while it’s performance approaches, and even eclipses that of some of the Supercars out there we’ve already established that’s not the point of a Sc.

So what is it then? A really fast car? Sure. A car that makes Little Johnny “I’ve driven thousands of hours on PlayStation so I’ll be fast at the track” actually fast? Probably. But a true driver’s car that is rewarding to drive and helps one hone their skill behind the wheel? HELL NO. It’s like letting Bonds pinch-hit in your 8 year old’s tee-ball game: where’s the fun in that?

-TJ

I don’t get what is so funny. They look nothing like eachother except for color and they both have wings and taillights like every other car out there.