GTR cheap supercar?

Another difference is you can actually use the launch control on the Coblat…and take off the t/c. :burnout:

wow that cavalier looks like garbage

I know, I was agreeing with you, dickwad.

Agreed

:rofl:

hater. it must suck that your prestigious GTI gets murdered by that car in every shootout.

shootout where?

i have a 135i and an audi s4. please update your hate, playa :slight_smile:

magazines, online etc

ok, well regardless, i know you will never give the car props but its an impressive car. read up on it.

anyways, thats off the subject. GTR ftl

Truth…the new cobalt ss dominated the 135i at the ring anyways…by almost 20 seconds 8:22 > 8:39. Then you look at what other cars are right around it and you will realize that thing dominates for what it is.

http://www.importsnc.com/forums/automotive-news/41306-nurburgring-all-time-production-car-lap-records.html

1. i don’t give a fuck what my daily driver does on a race track.
  2. what kind of bullshit list is that? reread the ‘official’ list… the 8.22 was never backed up and in the independent test, the cobalt ss ran a 9:02

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urwJVnWHjiI”]YouTube - 2008 Turbocharged Chevy Cobalt SS (full version)[/ame]

???

but all this falls under
3. i dont give a fuck x2

135 > cobalt any day of the week. please let me know when and where to decide otherwise.

http://media.gm.com/us/gm/en/news/events/sema/07sema/brands/chevrolet/index.html

thats an offical GM site ^^^

thats fine if you dont give a fuck but im just saying that instead of calling it a ‘cavalier’ and assuming it sucks, maybe read a bit and see that the car holds its own. it owned its class on ‘the lightning lap’ for motor trend and i beleive it was them that lapped it faster than an sti and evo at Laguna Seca

but again… who cares what it does on a road coarse… i was talking purely by styling, as the original comment came from the picture of it looking like crap. and it is the new cavalier… right?! or do they still make them?

no the original comment was a few posts back when you called it a 250hp cavalier, both of which are incorrect. i dunno about you, but i care how a car perfoms on a track. if you dont, thats fine. your car is nice and im not directly comparing anyways, but it is what it is

i thought this was the thread with the nissan rear end and the COBALT rear end…

i hear you man… i’m glad that it’s a good performer… im 100% concerned with how a car performs… i would guess that’s why i have a twin turbo daily driver and twin turbo winter car :confused:

i just meant that saying the car did ‘the ring’ in 8 minutes 30 seconds means nothing to me… what it does when i’m driving it is really what is my concern. it’s all good. point blank, nissan failed to produce a worthwhile car… yet again… GM screwed up and made a revision to a crap car that made it finally able to compete on the international car market (08 cobalt) woohoo! :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

haven’t you heard… 350Z will SMOKE a cadillac STS, oh… wait…

:idb:

i am with you 100% on the DD thing. obviously i wasnt too concerned with the interior/comfort features when making my purchase or i wouldve gone elsewhere and bought something different. and i am no longer a 2-car owner at the moment, so the SS will serve as my toy/race/dd car. but by all means, you have 2 cars that serve their purpose and are sweet machines.

and for the GTR, i still think its awesome, but they need to sort some things out before it deserves the hype it recieves. IMO. performance-wise its right where it needs to be, but you gotta let the driver push the car and use all its features w/o it breaking or voiding warranty for the buy to be worth-while, regardless of the cost of the vehicle.

both are :greddy2: but better then I own. You win playa yo.

neither are :greddy: and both are just cars

no one wins

is someone trying to compare a cobalt to a bmw135? WOW, I thought I was bad by not liking Pink Floyd, but that is really out there.

a 135 is 11ty billion times the car a cobalt is.

:bowdown:

Just were comparing how they would perform on a road track. At the end of the day the Cobalt will pull a decent gap on a 135. Is it a better built car in regards of quality…not even close…but in regards to performance on a road track…yes.