GTR value

I am importing a GT-R throught DJ auto and i was wondering what is an adverage price for a good condition GT-R with a minor or no accident history? And thats with the car in edmonton.

From what i know i need around 14-16 thousand for one with light mods like rims, exhaust, etc in edmonton

you said it right there! You can find GTR’s for cheaper but mostly when your looking for a non accedent car with decent grading you going to be spending around the 1.1 million yen mark! Ive bid on GTRs many times and lost for over a million yen but im not bidding on junkers either nor anything fanck. If your getting a GTR you have to think about what you will expect. The Japanese are mod crazy and you think your getting a good deal on a GTR cuz its got a million aftermarket parts but they dont get those parts to be pussies about it. Those cars are most likley been drivin the hell out of! Id say best thing you can find is a factory GTR with decently low km’s and if you see an old school turbo timmer in it thats a good sign! Good luck with finding your GTR!

It is so hard to know.

There are lots of guys that say, “I can get you a GTR for $10,000 landed”. Which is true but in my opinion these cars are POS.

Then you see guys with GTRs and they want $24,000 for them which, unless they are in absolutely fantastic condition with lots of well thought out mods is too much.

I think around that 16k - 17k is about right but again there are so many different conditions cars can be in. I firmly believe if you are looking for a cheap car you will get a cheap car.

Also, you will pay more for one that is already landed that you can see yourself than one that you will get imported.

Also, factor in the OOP inspection, appraisal for your insurance company and the usual registration fees.

Or…buy mine. :slight_smile:

i’d do some serious looking around before buying a car from them, there car are over priced check

www.importconcern.ca
www.jdmconnection.ca
www.j-specimports.ca
www.worldcarlink.com

ignore this

And is it bad to get a car with accident history? Like if the car was in a minor fender bender does that affect its value alot?

(that previous posted under my old account, my mistake)

Accident cars in japan are not the end of the world. They have very strict regulations in japan as far as fixing cars once they’ve been in an accident for the most part. In most cases ive seen, the cars have been repaired very well.

I appreciate the feedback

thanks

not always the case! Ive seen and worked on many crash xars and I think they are repared pretty shitty! Japanese are bondo freaks! I think a fender bender car can be a way to go but you want to make sure it was only a fender bender. Since they will grade it A for just a fender repair it can save lots but not always the case! Lots of the time its the whole front end and rear quarters ect…

enjoyed reading the info allen! hope to hear from you soon! k bye! ok!

???^^^^ :?

If your importer is offering a flat service right like we do, $800-1000 per car, most accident free grade 3.0-4.0 should be $12,000-15,000. Accident examples in decent condition can start from $10,000, it depends on what you’re looking for. That’s if you’re ordering while the car is in Japan, not the already landed price.

A year ago, I would’ve told you $16,000-20,000, but since Australia has lost their 15 year rule, GT-R prices have dropped by $5000.

repaired shitty? we didnt even know my rear quater was replaced untill i started flairing the fenders! they did a hell of a good job :slight_smile: people here are also bondo freaks! its a autobody shop theu just wanna get it done and look like nothing happened, ofcourse they dont get it purrfect!

repaired shitty? we didnt even know my rear quater was replaced untill i started flairing the fenders! they did a hell of a good job :slight_smile: people here are also bondo freaks! its a autobody shop theu just wanna get it done and look like nothing happened, ofcourse they dont get it purrfect![/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. And im just kind of curious about all these crashed cars you’ve apparently worked on, who’s imaginary cars are these and how are they so shitty?? All the accident cars ive seen have been repaired very well… :shrug:

repaired shitty? we didnt even know my rear quater was replaced untill i started flairing the fenders! they did a hell of a good job :slight_smile: people here are also bondo freaks! its a autobody shop theu just wanna get it done and look like nothing happened, ofcourse they dont get it purrfect![/quote]

Exactly my thoughts. And im just kind of curious about all these crashed cars you’ve apparently worked on, who’s imaginary cars are these and how are they so shitty?? All the accident cars ive seen have been repaired very well… :shrug:[/quote]

the only one that was “repaired shitty” was the blue convertable and it still looked just fine on top!