Gun Control

Gun control? Two hands.

If banning guns ended all gun-related violent crime, I’d be the first in line to melt mine down. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way. There’s a certain amount of undeniable logic to the idea that if guns are illegal then only criminals will have them.

I appreciate that there is a limited amount of regulation, so that the average hot head who loses it can’t quickly run to the store and pick himself up something. I think the systems in place are decent. Slows down the availability, while not removing them from the hands of reasonable citizens.

:In-B4-Chris-Rock-Bullet-Control-Reference:

lol…that chris Rock thing was really funny.

Im with everyone here. They are taking the guns away from the wrong people. The person who goes to the trouble of obtaining it legally is most likely not going to use it in a crime.

I could get very racist but im leaving that out for obvious reasons.

Problem is, defining that “right kind of person”. Realizing that “hey, maybe that person really shouldn’t be owning a gun” after someone else is dead doesn’t help.

And don’t tell me it doesn’t happen. There are convicted felons getting hunting licenses in the State of NY - and I’m not talking about bowhunting season, either.

Also - more food for thought. The military allows personnel to carry weapons at all times while in a combat zone (an armed society…), but regularly restricts them on stateside bases. I wonder why that is? Presumably, these people get more training on handling firearms on average than the average homeowner…

Hey - I’d be all for no gun control - but then I’d say “commit a crime with a gun equals automatic death penalty, without possibility of appeal”.

Of course, we all know that won’t happen either.

Thats exactly what is as gonna say, VERY well put

is a joke.

Gun control only protects the people who follow the laws.

People in NYC not allowed to have concealed weapons

I’m sure the guy who mugged me the other week follows that law… :bloated:

Thats exactly what is as gonna say, VERY well put[/QUOTE]

Then again, if I was a criminal and expected an armed victim, I’d shoot first before they’d react - which would render the whole reaction-time thing moot.

Besides, looser gun control laws give me job security… lol

Ignorant moron.

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:cry:

Because you know you’re wrong.

Good reason.

guns dont kill people.

people with mustaches kill people.

Sight alignment and trigger control is the only gun control I know. Long live the NRA and an American’s right to own and bear arms

The right to bear arms exists so the public can protect itself from an unwanted government.(more or less)
So saying we don’t need uzis and automatic weapons is silly really.
If I need to stop the government in the future I want all the large automatic weapons I can get my hands on.:biglaugh:

did you honestly just correct me and use that sentence in the same post, wow you really are special

agree with most here… gun control doesn’t work. I agree that there should be a screening/registration process, but thats about it.

and while the “fun” automatics are a little un-necessary, their is also NO reason in my mind why they should be banned. Whats next, the govt. telling you that you don’t “NEED” a modified car or you don’t “NEED” a cell phone? I’m willing to bet that there are more street racing related deaths a year than there are related to guns. The only time they (automatics) were used in recent memory in a crime was the L.A. shootout… and if memory serves me, the only casulties were the guys who robbed the bank (out of how many thousands of rounds that were fired)… go figure.

edit: I also remember hearing that when good ole slick willie signed the bill banning assault weapons, gun sales went up like 500%… lol (makes sense though I guess… just ironic)

I grew up with guns everywhere. My dad was an avid hunter and I used to help him make his own bullets and clean the guns.

As stated, gun control will hurt those who follow laws.

You say nothing of value…ever!

Not really, it’s a pretty paranoid ideology if you believe people should own automatic weapons because the gov’t might come after you.

I guess most of you missed it, but the assault weapons banned signed into law by Clinton was allowed to expire.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5946127/

I agree there should be screening, but as someone going through the process to get my NY pistol permit, it needs to be a bit easier than what this state requires. Even a software engineer from Williamsville like myself knows where I could buy an illegal handgun no later than tomorrow if I really wanted one, but because I’m a law abiding citizen it will take me almost a year and several hundred dollars just to get a permit.

As for assault weapons, I don’t see the problem. If you melted every single one down tomorrow I could still go to my local gun store, break in at night, and arm myself with enough non-assault weapons to cause all kinds of chaos. A scoped 300 Winchester Magnum and a secluded elevated firing position over a busy street could do just as much damage as an AK-47. Add in a few shotguns with buckshot for when the cops try to storm your position and you’re all set, all with legal hunting weapons. My point being the weapon is not the problem, it’s the person using it. And personally, I’d rather have lots of responsible citizens with guns and a few criminals with guns, than only having the criminals have guns.

Just like BS auto laws and such, all the government does is take people that love the things they have had all thier live, and make them criminals with these laws. I’m not going to stop building engines and cars as much as i’m going ot give up the guns i love. If i’m a criminal for posessing these things, then lock me up.

True the clinton assualt weapon ban is gone, but the state we live in decided to make thier own version, so in you live in NYS, the asssualt weapon ban never went away.