Gun Guys --Sig Content

I just picked up a Sig Sauer 522lr. I went with the 22 so I can teach my son how to shoot on a low caliber rifle with cheap ammunition. I haven’t had a chance to fire it yet, as I just got it home from the gun shop. The only down side of this gun is there are no sights. I’m picking up a red dot, with 4 reticles next week. If there’s any other gun enthusiast who enjoy target shooting let me know. I have a few friends with a variety of fire arms.

Real nice gun, I was looking heavily into those.

I’m a big SIG fan though, looking for a 232 for carrying purposes. I had a P229 as well. Good luck.

“Are there gun fans on this site?” :lol

awesome gun. 22’s are just a perfect gun to go shoot shit up with because ammo is like $10 for 1000 rounds or something along those lines. stupid cheap.

I’ve heard great things about this gun. That’s why I went with it. It’s a really light gun too, 6.4lbs without the magazine. It will be a few weeks before I can fire it though :frowning:

I’d consider picking up maybe a 3x scope or so for it, though iron sights are ideal for overall marksmanship IMO.

Sigs in general seem to be top notch guns…

If you don’t mind me asking whatd you pay for it? Would love to get a 22 to just dick around with as its cheap

Also… Dust off your stand/tv :ninja

Nothing wrong with a Sig at all.
Looks like a nice firearm, .22 is a nice caliber for general shooting too. Ammo is tit dirt cheap.

I got it at Special Arms and Munitions in Amsterdam. With tax it came to $539.96, without sights. The down side is your going to have to dump money on sights. It can be as expensive as an AR-15 when all said and done if you mod it out. I love shooting and the cheap ammo is a plus. I use my friends AR-15, and a full day of firing that can get quite expensive. That’s what makes this rifle a great alternative.

I just got done doing some sheet rook…the dust is an ongoing problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever since I seen that gun on TV, I fell in love. I have a Ruger 10/22 that I love shooting at random things with. It’s cheap and entertaining. Actually just got my bipod and scope in the mail today. :smiley:

Friend of mine picked up the Smith & Wesson M&P15-22. I’m interested in hearing how your Sig functions. Congrats man!

^ I have a 10/22 also, do you have a high capacity mag for it?

NO. :confused:

As of right now, I can’t find any. I want some that are steel lipped.

I have a nice red dot with slight magnification for sale. Mounted it bu never used it on my GSG 5 after I sighted it in.

Nice looking rifle. I’ve wanted one for a while, but don’t have the extra money right now. I hear you on the .223 ammo cost cheapest I can find for my M&P 15 is about 40 cents a round, but I am glad that I bought a 5.56 nato rifle.

sweet a gun with no sights!! glad you got that bananna:lol

Nice pick up. I’ve been considering picking up a rifle of some sort to lean my way into firearms. This seems like a great start.

Nice gun i love my sig 556. Are those the actual pics of the gun? is that stock pinned?

The stock was pinned when I bought it. The magazine is also pined to hold 10 rounds. This is the actual gun I bought.

I hate the law against collapsable stocks in NYS.
I’ve seen them maybe shorten overall length 3" which still doesn’t change anything because the barrel is 16+ long.

CJ- did they pin it before or after you purchased it? Meaning, were you able to “try it on” and get the receiver to te length that was comfortable to you and then they pinned it?

I thought collapseable stocks were fine, it was folding stock that were a no no?

No, my neighbor just yanked the pin out of his S&W M&P 15-22. Now it’s adjustable. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a pic of it someplace…