Gutting a catalytic converter

i’ll let you know how much metalico give me for my cat. unless you talk to anomity(sp?) and see what he’ll give.

you think they sound bad stock wait till you take the cat off and change the exhaust…:gay:

I thought this car was for sale in another thread, why would void the emissions warranty on and almost new car that is for sale?

Ok definitely do not do this then.

The CAT plays a smaller role in the exhaust note than most people think. It’s actually very minimal. However if you do remove it, it will only make things raspier.

Leave it on, get a good aftermarket catback exhaust, and do it right. Or just buy a decent muffler and replace the stocker. Hell you could even just get rid of the muffler all together and throw a glass pack on there. glass packs clean up exhaust notes very well. (AKA resonators)

Hey anthony, I’ll help you fix your exhaust this weekend, maybe we can do it to my car too?

PM me or text me later about it.

thanks for the info paulo…i appreciate it :tup:

word…ill text you

are you retarded?

j/w

Notice your sig.
LOL jkjk

me? yes.

Idk paulo, my exhaust has a deeper tone and is a bit louder now that i went to a 3inch highflow with the stock catback/muffler. Raspy when you get on it after you first start it up but once it warms up its sounds good. I feel that even with just a resonator instead of the stock muffler the exhaust will still sound raspy.

personally i say get an after market downpipe with a highflow cat. I really don’t like the pinch our stock dp has where the rear O2 sensor goes. Even just clearing the cat out that pinch is still there.

my 3 inch is just louder without a cat but i can thank the turbo for that.no rasp

:word:

i saw you driving on the 90 east yesterday…car looks hot :tup:

hey guys, i bought a lambo last week

oh wait, just found out i cant afford it
lol jkjkjkjkjj

why do i love you again?

newdz?

thanks

Yea it will make it worse…i actually just put a hi-flow cat on my car after my header/mid-pipe eliminated it

Wait, I’m having a hard time understanding your argument. I said that the cat will not reduce raspyness, yet make it worse. And you said, that you left your stocker on and went catback, and it still has some raspiness but also left the stock muffler on there. Idk what you are trying to tell me haha.

Glasspacks get rid of raspiness. That was my main point before. So get a nice “louder” muffler, and have a glass pack, and it will get louder, but not raspy loud. I’d assume that the best place to ask these q’s are on a cobalt board.

When I had my exhaust done before, with just a muffler, it sounded waaaay to raspy. threw on a glass pack, and it was deeper, and cleaner sounding.

If you do gut the cat what are you going to do with the rear O2? SES all day unless you turn it off or get a sim.

^ true

also, instead of gutting your stock cat, find one at a junkyard (if they’ll even let you buy it) and cut the outter shell off of it, weld/clamb/bolt in a standard pipe in the stock cat’s location and weld the cut shell onto the new piping. It’ll pass visual inspection and you can keep yours around in case you need to throw it back on

Hmmm, Im thinkin we should just go ahead and replace that muffler with a glasspack