GV1390's Build for 2011.

Many of you guys know my car and how it was last year. A little info for you guys.
I bought it in april of 2010 from Virginia already turbo’d and what not had 350whp on 11.5lbs of boost. Drove it all last season and did many many burn outs, about 40 track passes, ran about 50+ cars/bikes, put a new clutch in it, new trans, rear energy trailing arm bushings, and etc. Best time I ran at the track on 11.5lbs of boost spinning 1st and 2nd on slicks with shitty 60s was 11.4 @ 124mph in the 1/4 (Remember guys adult driven never abused) Anyways for 2011 I wanted to do something different. For one I was sick of spinning on drag radials until 90mph(all of 3rd) this was very lame and became a huge hassle. For two I wanted to change the look of the car and redo it my self since I bought it already modded and wanted to make it mine.

For 2011 my goal is to run a NA motor (hoping for 200-210 whp) and run a full race suspension and road course the car. This meaning… Race coilovers, camber kit, bushings, cage, bigger brakes,sway bars, all the goodies to make it give my passenger whip lash from taking turns like its on rails. I do plan on making some track events this year. My grandfather is a instructor at the glenn so I hope I can make it up there a lot with him and take some good advice! :tup:

Anyways onto the pics, Heres some of last year how she was:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af352/italiano1390/th_VID_20101128_160547.jpg
(^^click to play)

Many track passes and 3rd gear heaters caused this so I replaced it with a built b16 trans)

(Energy trailing arm bushings did last season)

(took all the sound bs out saved 30lbs almost)

Now for 2011 I started to rip her apart.

Took the engine and trans out. Once it was taken apart discovered that 3 of my pistons were chunked. Cylinder walls look perfectly fine Im going to bore it anyways just to be on the safe side.

(cutt the bar that mounted my intercooler)
Once the motor and all that was apart I started ordering parts.

(ITR calipers and brackets. Ill be running itr front brake set up. This allows me to run a 11.1" disk while still being able to keep my 15s)

(Omni 70m Throttle Body)

(Skunk2 stage 1 pros)

(skunk 2 valvetrain- dual valve springs pro series, and titanium retainers)

(Chase bay clutch line kit, and grounding kit)

(Tri Y rep header)

In the meantime I bought new timken wheel bearings all around, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, new power steering rack, arp extended studs, Honda oem .30 head gasket, Valve stem seals, various gaskets, Acl race bearings, ITR front sway bar, ITR cluster, and many other parts Im sure Im forgetting.

I then got my knuckles sandblasted then powder coated black and pressed in the new wheel bearings, lower ball joints and extended studs! Also put on new brake shield covers. (Thanks to Newman for getting these blasted and powder coated for me)

As on recently with in the last week, I relocated the car to a more spacious building with a lift so I can really get my ass in gear and get this project done by April! With in the week:

Mad the car a roller and moved it to the new place:

Esford came over and went to work on the abs delete. Abs was gone but as you can see in the previous pictures all the wires were just sitting there and looked like shit. So we decided to pull the dash out and take them out. In the meantime I stickered my mirror while he worked his magic and I cleaned all the parts I am reusing(alternator, starter, Skunk2 pro series intake mani, etc)

(some of the wires)

This week the dash is going back in so I can start to degrease and scrub the bay. Then she will go on the lift so I can completely scrub every piece under the car and make her look like new.

Awesome, Gennaro! It’s going to be sweet once it’s finished.

Thanks man! Hope so. Should feel like new! I can’t wait to get out and start road coursing her once she’s done!

looks good man!

good luck with the build Gennaro, I’m hoping i can get a run in with you, I’m disappointed you went from boost to N/A but your plans for the car are awesome!

Nice. Love the hat too.

party. thanks for the coils dude :slight_smile:

my kinda build. brings back memories.

thank you for letting me use your stock stuff temporary!

Since your very handy with exhaust work, I figured Id see if you wanted to make my exhaust work from my header (2.5") collector to my 3" cat back work. lol I wanted like a smooth transition megaphone style.

does that header have a megaphone? i ran an old school RM-f header with megaphone, and 3in exhaust all the way back. id recommend going 3in right off the header back. hit me up PM if your serious about me building an exhaust.

Siq a build thread. I’ll be over Sunday again to put the dash back in. More blue light will be needed.:tup:

Good stuff :tup:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5018/5423709407_5db9c46fb1_b.jpg
tea1 by XwalkerX, on Flickr

<3

you should really delete your powersteering gay boy. you’ll like driving the car a lot more on turns

I just bought a brand new rack. I like having it. I rather add more power then delete it.

You still have a ps rack newbz0r. You just remove the pump and loop the lines off the rack.(it doesnt run dry or ruin the rack) Mine felt like i had 50% powersteering lol. they make a kit that is like 85$ or you can just make one yourself. there is a reason that pretty much no one runs powersteering on hondas, unless they are a sissy man. You had a pretty weak stance last year… wait til you actually have some negative camber and are low. You’re going to hate yourself on the highway (you’ll find out what im talking about) I was the same way as you (anti-ps) til i actually had a legit suspension setup, and my ps pump just happened to fall off when i hit a pothole in a parking lot lol

I know how it works Sonic the hedge hog. I rather not though. If that was the case I might as well do a electric water pump set up too! Go build a SIQ DSM! :slight_smile:

I’m not really sure how an electric waterpump and removing powersteering for handling advantages are even related

but im not… lol

n/a honda is slow… but i still like the build so far!