Halo 3 BETA finally working!!!!

I understand their motives and can’t really blame them for it - but I think in the long run it was a poor decision. Getting rid of cheaters is one thing, but I have never personally heard of anyone cheating on x360 simply because data on the discs cannot be changed without ruining the encryption built into the games. So that narrows it down to people who pirate games (but still use Live) and people who legitimately ‘backup’ their games (which I would venture to guess is a very small percentage). It’s a fact that MS LOSES money on each x360 console they sell and their profits come from licensing the games and from the Xbox Live marketplace. So in theory, if someone goes and buys another console just for Live - MS loses that money a 2nd time. If they kick off a large portion of modded boxes who still use Live ($50 a year easy) and any potential sales of arcade games or video - thats more money down the drain. It’s not like everyone who gets banned is going to go buy another 360 AND tons of games AND keep their Live service. I guess I am just bitter that they took away my cake while I was eating it…