Happy Dyno results - New Numbers on Pg3

Posted on Evans site…

Car: s14

Engine: s13 redtop swap, Apexi metal headgasket, arp headstuds, HKS 264 cams, greddy IM

Mods: FR stock replacement bottom mount manifold, tial 38mm wg, dumptube, gt2871 .86a/r, 3" dp, 3" exhaust, front mount, HKS SSQ bov, 740cc injectors, z32 Maf, Apexi AVCR, Apexi Power FC L-jetro

Tuning on 14psi and 20psi on 93 octane:

http://dynos.evans-tuning.com/380whps142871r.jpg

Very smooth and fun on the street.

Very impressive Happy! I am sure you will hit the 400 mark with ease. I am very HAPPY I had a part in you venture for more power! Next we need to see what Bings car can do!

He may not be far off your bumper. :smiley:

that is fucking SICK dude

congrats on the amazing tune!

you’ve gotta take me for a rip in that thing i want to feel the differnece between .86 and .64! what was the outside temp when you did the pull?

I hope i can tune my car soon while its still cool outside and gain some extra numbers, hopefully 350whp at 19pounds

congrats again man those are fantastic numbers i cant wait to drag race you :wink:

why does it say flywheel torque?

what wastegate do you have dude?

i dont see a typical torque curve where it seems to steady off at 4200-4300 like normal, is it possible that your wastegate isn’t staying fully closed and causing slow spool?

Congrats on some impressive numbers on an SR but why such a short powerband?

first of all you have a very nice setup, was impressed when i saw it in real life.

something seems very wrong. the torque numbers seem low, the turbo seems to be spooling late (perhaps you have a boost leak? wastegate problem?) causing you to have a small powerband.

Thanks guys. I suspected it was coming on a little late too but Jeff felt the car was behaving well… but I also think he is so used to tuning monster T4’s he has lost a bit of reference for a small T2 turbo.

Here is a graph of the same turbo at 19psi taken from RS Entalphy’s site.

http://www.rs-enthalpy.com/images/dynos/sr-gt2871r-86-19psi.JPG

I think my curve is somewhat typical for the .86 housing but I will check a few things to make sure all if buttoned up.

Anyway - it certainly doesn’t feel like it looks on the street. For the few guys that have been in my car…they will certainly tell you it is anything but laggy.

Well, I suspect I have some wastegate sealing issues when the motor is very hot. Obviously, these dyno pulls were done when the motor was quite hot.

On the way to work this morning I did some logging and hit 14psi at 4370rpm and 20 psi at 5003rpm…in 4th gear.

Good numbers Dan, I’m gonna have to go for another ride in your car now!

Yay Dan! :smiley:
If only I had 183cc more displacement :frowning:

There is nothing to complain about with that graph IMHO.

what boost were you at when i drove the thing?

the control your car has and Chris’s comments about the PFC have me a slight bit jealous, but i wont be able to confirm until i see what mine does…

and no, i did not get any serious feeling of lag in your car, although i really like the .64 housing. HKS cams ftw.

Just for reference, I going to take a few rips on Mel’s dyno at TAG today…can’t think of a better way to spend a lunch hour.

Mind posting what that costs?

Phil and Bingzors - when you were in my car it was making 270rwhp. That EXACT same boost setting now makes 340rwhp.

And no doubt the .64 will spool quicker… I’m excited to take a rip in your car too. I love the fact so many of us are going to be putting down some decent power.

Max - I don’t even know to be honest…I’ll post up when I get back…I suspect about $75.

that is bonkers…

if that is really the case i’ll prolly have to get a PFC once this motor pops.

i think i asked before, are you planning on heading down there again maybe towards the end of summer?

Probably not to the dyno again…unless I impulse buy something that throws off my tune - but if you need a navigator…let me know. We could easily do a down-and-back in one day. Only 5 hours to the dyno from your house.

Leave at 5am - be at dyno by 10-10:30am when the shop opens.
Tune til 3…street tune til 4pm or so
Be back for 9pm and a late supper at the Cozy.

HOWEVER, Jeff does not tune piggyback shiet. He tunes standalones…period. Almost everything EXCEPT AEM.

So why not AEM?

there’s a 5:00 in the morning now?

i may have a couple other guys from NY that would be interested in going, maybe make it a weekend affair, because i know Chris would get alot out of coming down there as well.

as mentioned, wouldnt be until later summer because it isnt worth tuning on the engine in the car right now… I gotta wait until after i put in one of my other SR’s…lol

yeah i can understand the stand-alone only… you have me thinking about a PFC because i just dont have the same control that you have with it. what can it do about faggoty idles on cold starts or complete lack there of?

It has a WTR TMP correction table that completely gets rid of any cold start issues. It also let’s you control injector lag correction so that you can fine tune any idle.