Has anyone done SPL

there is a lot of really really loud SQ cars out there, that why they come up with Bassrace. i love SPL, but nothing beat a loud ground and pounder

Ya, I think we have a coupple good SPL vehicles coming out is a dealer or two. They will be using a SPL/SQ driver but I think that it will still do very well.

i run a kaption spl 12 inch set up i have 1 kaption spl 1200 and for the amp i have a 4 channel matching kaption a400.4 amp. im using a 4 gauge tusnami wiring kit, with a bassworks digitial capacitor, running for the deck is a 7 inch panasonic flip out touch screen dvd deck, with back up cam and navigation. pics all available of the set up in my 89 s13. one of the loudest setups i have heard come from one 12. holla!

I’m not really into SPL, also more of a SQ guy and I love tinkering with my setup. As I’ve aged, my preferences in system choices have changed somewhat. Space is an issue in the trunk of an s14 so I took the spare tire out and made a fiberglass mold that mates with a flat top. The top lays flush with the elevated floor portions as if the original floor was still in. I put a single Energy 10 that fires directly upwards towards the rear deck.

I’ve tried to maintain the stock appearance as much as possible so I’m still using the factory double din head unit as well as the factory Alpine amps. I’ve also tapped the clarion line-in feeds to signal the amp that powers my sub. I’ve replaced the speakers with 2ohm JBL’s and for a system that you would otherwise never notice, it sounds amazing.

Next task is to piggy back the tape deck line-in with an Aux-jack for Ipod hookup.

excuse the off topic post but its not often people talk about this stuff.

I agree,
I do wish audio was a bigger part of this club. Mind you I guess I should get enough of this everyday at work.

^^ totally agree… some forums have a section for audio but I guess it’s not big enough for this group? To get my fill I spend some time on the CCA… but it’s meh sometimes, splshows.com is also good

will i love car audio. I would love to see an audio section, there so many tips and trick for cheap and loud car audio out there. God with two hours on my term lab you can gain some people 5 db just on there set up. It all about where it is and the box not so much the subs or amps.

ha ya, the first time I was metered I was like 134.7 or something 2 years ago, I moved the box to the middle and folded the seats down in the truck… went up to 136.4 or something like that… easy to get hooked…

this is how i got hocked, this is after my first year in spl
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFF&image=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4926/2321/24813660009_large.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4926/2321/24813660009_large.jpg

ha wow, did you start off in db drag?

No thats all CSPL lol I did Db Drag the next year

wow thats impressive

what class were you in first year?

Did you run at the dreamsport SPL comp in hamilton this year?

I think there should be an audio section as well, I love car systems:), and its true not to many people seem to be in to that on SON. I started getting stuff for my system a long time ago, I’ve gone Kenwood and this is what I’ve got so far… tell me what you think.
Thanks

Kenwood KFC-X1300P component speaker system
Kenwood KAC-X 522 stereo/bridgeable power amp ( to run KFC-X1300P )
Kenwood KFC-XW1300DVC 13" subwoofer 1000watts rms 2000watts max :slight_smile:
Kenwood KAC-X812D subwoofer power amp ( to run KFC-XW1300DVC )
I still need alot like wires, head unit, rear speakers, custom sub box, etc but for a start I think this is damn good:)…I need to get a new s13 asap I cant wait to install the shit.lol

Was that jay Jones Show? If it was we took the soundstream Rabbit, Yes the rabbit Adam owned lol

The First year i was Ama 1 with two kaption spl 10 and a rockford 10001 db

haha the soundstream rabbit!!! No way!

At the moment I am running some mid quality MTX to show how good things can sound with out spending a lot of money.
I have in my subaru
TX6001 (Bi-Amped)
TC4004
TC4002
SLHT-TC712 loaded
Eclipse CD7000 headunit running in 3way mode.

In my nissan
MTX 7804
TXC.6 components
MTX7500 12"
Eclipse 3590 doubledin Nav
custom enclosure

Very simple but pure SQ.

Let me know because I can help you with the wires, speakers, sub box, and other things when you are interested. and the wires are Streetwire’s and you cant get better then that.