Has anyone else thrown in the towel??

http://www.cato.org/dailys/09-06-03.html

Old article, but in retrospect… it’s very true.

We in the grand scheme of things have just been spoiled with how cheap gas is…

we get paid per deivery at work, so we considering demanding higher gas commission

Agreed. I’ve been trying to tell people that since gas went up to $2.00 but nobody wants to hear it. They’d rather complain then actually listen to facts.

what is this towel u speak of

Everything is more expensive there ,like NYC… which is why gas is more.

$3.39 is the norm on the BLVD…

kinda scary… 70 bux to get 300 miles…that like 25 cents a mile

The one I am going to smack you in the arse with…

Car pool to school as much as possible…i’ve been driving my moms malibu alot and using her gas instead of mine.

STI=winter beatr

so…on my last tank i got about 16.6 mpg…looks like thats what it will be in the winter

oh well, I wont stop driving it

my mileage goes way down in da snow… but AWD donuts are priceless… and the faces on the people will be too when they see me in my winter VR4

i’m bout to throw in the towel…not because of gas prices just because this has been the worst summer ever

i’ve been ditching my summer ride all summer…but for a different reason :frowning:

and yes, i am about to throw in the towel

i repeat what is this towel being spoken of…

when you guys are officially willing to throw in the towel give me some $$$ amounts… a real quitter will get out by any means necessary :wink:

the question is more asking if you’ve chosen to put your car in the garage, not, can’t get it out of the garage :lol:

This covers it…

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_mar2003/GasPrices2003.jpg

Very funny Butch…the DSM will be taken off the road tommorrow and the lumina will be up for sale soon…Its going to be a sad day when I become a honda hatch owner just so I can get from here to there.

r0. f1.

300 miles per week / 25 mpg = 12 gallons per week
12 gallons per week x extra dollar per gallon = extra 12 dollars per week

So I drink cheap beer and bring my lunch to work instead of buying prepared shit. Whatever. Drive on!

I actually figured out with premium only being 20 cents more, and using the avg gas mileage in my heads/cam/gears T/A (23mpg) vs. my bone stock Blazer (19) its actually cheaper for me to commute in my T/A than my Blazer.

:word: