Has anyone tried Sylvania Silverstars?

Hey all

Phil here, I’ve been browsing the various automotive forums and everyone seems to be raving about Sylvania Silverstars… now I was wondering if anyone here has tried installing them? and if they did, could they write a review?

I’m probably gona try them in a few weeks after the exams dust settles

cheers

:slight_smile:

They seem to be decent. A marked improvement over the stock set-up for sure. Install is the same as anyother lightbulb. “How many SON members does it take to screw in a light bulb?”

On this topic, I really need to aim my headlights and put some good bulbs in now that it is dark so much of the day. What bulbs have you found are good. Are these silverstars some of the best?

SCC reviewed these lights in their B16 powered Project: Civic several months ago. They published before and after pics. I’ll try to scan them or something.

http://www.toyotanation.com/showthread.php?threadid=25122

are 240’s H4 or the old enclosed beam type? I think mine’s enclosed beam… have to do an H4 converison

CT sells the direct replacement H6054 Bulbs for our cars buy Sylvania Silverstar and there I have to say worth every penny.
But if your going for that JDM Toight Hyper Blue look or just like the flexibility of choosing your own bulb then get the Bosch H4 conversion Kit for $80.

a friend of mine put them in his integra, he says there is not much difference. but 240 and teggi bulbs are alot different.

they are decent bulbs.

id suggest the H4 conversion because the sylverstar H4’s are a bunch cheaper than the stock 240 box light sylverstars

sooo… when you burn one out, it’ll save you cash in the long run

not even when u burn one out…
when the HID xenon kits become cheap and u save the money… just pop um in… cuz you have to buy them anyway if u wanna do the swap :smiley:

Frigga please define “cheap”

I’m seriously considering hte 3 right now

silverstar enclosed beam <–easiest
silverstar h4 bulbs <–conversion work
HID Xenon <-- is it real HID? or H7? Doesn’t HID require a seperate harness for power?

cheers :smiley:

well…
the silverstars as an enclosed beam = 80 bucks
the silverstar H4 bulb = 60 bucks… but u need the H4 conversion headlights…
honestly… the H4 are going for dirt cheap nowadays… JRP is sellin them for 30 bucks a light…
60 bucks… plus the cost of the silverstars (if u really want them badly) and the convinience of changing ur bulbs to whatever u want whenever u want…
60+60= 120… for H4 conversion with silverstars…

there are alternatives to the silverstars… PIAA has one of the best headlight bulbs i have seen… and theyre about the same price as silverstar… and with the H4 conversion u have the ability to change as often as u want… to what bulb u want…

now…
when u get the money for HID (the real 5500 degree Kelvin) all u have to do is buy the HID Xenon kit…
jrp has a group buy going for like 600… and that price will definately come down…
so i mean… its up to u…

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hooshley is running PIAA bulbs in his 240sx, they are real nice.

For me I honestly dont like the look of anything whiter than the stock ones on a S13. Its all about the sleeper look for me. Now for a S14 I would defenatly go HID.

Why not yellow? They are oldschool and sexy on the S13!

I have them on my S13, huge improvement in visibility,nice pure white glow and would recomend them to everyone.

DRE

Forgot to mention that, I love the look of a S13 w/ ridiculously sleepy sleepy yellow eyes.

i have rice-lites

How fast do your lights go now?

PIAA bulbs are far more expensive that the sylvania’s

like almost twice as expensive.

PIAA H4’s comein about 5 different colours, all of them ghey and bluish.

they cost around $100-$125 for a pair

sylvanias should be under well $80 all the time.

if you want cheaper bulbs that are essentially the same, you can go with eurolite, APC etc… all the bulbs come from teh same place anyways, they are just packaged differntly.

make sure you use the correct wattage or you will burn the bulbs out and the housing too.

the H4 conversion will take less than a half hour and all you need is a philips head screw driver.

and yes…YELLOW IS OLD SKOOL JDM TYTE… and that is me and i is that

F1 Hybrid Bulbs are awesome.

There made in Japan and are mucho cheap.