Recommend good headlight bulbs.

My fiance’s car sucks to drive at night. For what ever reason, her lights are not bright at all. Its becoming a safety issue, especially when driving on country roads.

Does anyone have any recommendations for new bulbs. I was thinking about the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs. I don’t know what they cost but I imagine they are pricey. I don’t want any kind of HID wannabe bulbs, just something brighter than what she has now.

usually $25 a piece for the silverstars but imo, they are great longlasting bulb with a much more white appearance then oem bulbs

I’ve had serious longeviety issues with the silverstars I’ve had, but I like the look and the light output is very nice.

Serious longevity issues? How long do they tend to last for you?

I’ve gone thru 3 pairs of bulbs on my lowbeams thus far. i stopped using them for the past one. For me, they generally lasted about 3-4 months or so.

Maybe it is also just the fact that I do a ton of night driving, and usually have my lights on if I am driving. And I do about an hour at least of driving per day, at minimum.

I’m gonna go back to them soon. Is there anywhere online where you can score them for a good price?

Edit- also, my brother’s died out quite frequently on his Jetta too, so it isn’t just my car.

For light output, they are great, and they look nice from the outside too. But for long-lasting, they don’t do too great.

ive had mine for almost 2 yrs now, and the light looks clean and bright, not cheesy rice.

Everywhere I look they are $40 a pair. Advance Auto Parts has them for $37 + tax.

I’ve also read that Phillips Vision + are a good bulb.

i like the silverstars :tup:…i got mine at autozone foe 30 bucks for both

I have Silverstars on my Van, my moms buick and my dads bonnie, all been on there for over a year no blowouts. And are still as bright as the day we got em

I just put the silverstars in my wintercar afew weeks ago and I’m real happy with them. They have a very good light output. Sylvania will have mail-in rebates on them pretty often so keep on the look out for that. They’re usually like $5 or 10 mail ins, def. worth doing when you’re talking $30-40 bulbs.

If you relayed the lights, cleaned the lenses, and got new bulbs I don’t think you would have a light output problem.

I’m not sure why the output is so low right now but its pretty bad.

this makes a huge difference.

measure your voltage drop and see if you need to do this.

Unfamiliar…do explain

Another vote for silverstars. I’ve had them in my truck about a year.

But, no bulb will correct for improperly aimed lights. If your stock bulbs seem unsafe I’m guessing you have more than a bulb issue.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

Check out this webpage. It should be able to answer most of your questions. Let us know how it goes.

Sylvania Xtravision.

yea it def sounds like you’ve got other issues than what kind of bulbs your using… could be as simple as salt covered housings or something, i’d start looking at that, or checking that they are getting the powa they need

advance auto is having a sale right now - buy one bulb, get the second half off - plus a $5 mail-in rebate.

my suggestion if just get real HID’s … it’s 100% worth it IMHO … just did this myself and i’m lving driving at night now