Hasta La Vista New York!

I’ve accepted a position with GM at the Lordstown, Ohio plant. GM is forking over $25K for “enhanced relocation”. I start on 6/30/08. I’m a bit sad to leave all my family and friends, and sell my house. It’s going to suck being a renter again after owning a home for 20 years, but I rented a brand new “luxury” 2 bedroom apartment with 2 baths and a 2&1/2 car attached garage. I’m committed to stay for a year. So, what’s there to do in Warren or Youngstown? I’ll be about an hour out of Cleveland. If I haul ass down I-90 I should be able to get there in about 45 min. right? :skunk:

That’s probably a good idea.

There is an air base in Warren and a mall. And cows. It’s been about 15 years since I have been there for a good amount of time. Things may have changed since :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s nice though. And relaxing.

terrible news! Who’s actually going to drive their vette the way it was intended to be driven. Congrats on the new job though.

Warren, PA is smelly. That’s all I have to contribute.

And congrats.

if they’re giving you 25k why don’t you just rent your house out? don’t you have someone here who can take care of that for you and you can just throw them some money every month?

There’s an awesome cabinet outlet in Lordstown! :lol:

I was in Lordstown 2 weeks ago at the Kraftmaid outlet. See my thread “Kitchen Cabinets?” Looked like a nice little rural town. It was just a quick 3 1/2 hour shot down the 90 to get there, so it didn’t really feel that far away.

Good luck. When do you head that way?

hes moving to ohio…

Where u moving from? Delphi right?

[quote=Fry;982716]There’s an awesome cabinet outlet in Lordstown! :lol:

I was in Lordstown 2 weeks ago at the Kraftmaid outlet. See my thread “Kitchen Cabinets?” Looked like a nice little rural town. It was just a quick 3 1/2 hour shot down the 90 to get there, so it didn’t really feel that far away.
Good luck. When do you head that way?

Little rural town has 47,000 population. I’ll be living in Vienna, N.E. of Warren, about 20 min. from the plant. 3 1/2 hours?, man you drive like a bitch. I start on 6/30/08.

Yup, Back to Generous Motors.

congrats on the new job scott! i think i hear…a new C6 calling your name lol :tup:

It’s possible…:snky:

What they do at lordstown?

and BTW the engine plant is hiring in July.You heard it here first

Cobalt & G5

Transfers to Tonawanda will be few, and will all be 20 year seniority. Any “hiring” will be for “none core” jobs, or “temps”, at half pay. This is what I was told by the GM Employee Placement Center in Detroit.

I’ve passed that plant while going to the Kraftmaid outlet.

The only perk you have is being able to get cabinets cheap.

THERE IS NOTHING IN LORDSTOWN. Hope you enjoy fishing and hanging out with the townies at the local bar.

You will be 45 minutes from Cleveland.

Welcome to cowtown. Honestly there is rather little to do unless you like the outdoors, in that case there is tons.

Yup, Lordstown is rural at best, but a short drive will get you what you need.

I should fit right in. Wait, Redneck with a 'Vette?..HMMM…

you are now among the <5% of NYSpeed whose votes actually count in the election this fall. Congrats.