Have You Ever Added Up Your Car Investment Totals?

Last night, I was sitting here, and I became a bit disappointed, randomly, about how much time and money I have put into my Conquest, and to know I still must invest more, just to even have it back running again. I totalled everything up, everything I’ve bought for my car, and I just about messed my drawers.

$2200 car
$2500 built engine
$1100 18g turbo
$1100 3inch exhaust+2 1/4 chrome hardpipes
$200 MSD ignition (bought but not installed yet)
$300 ST swaybars
$300 SHP rims
$380 Yokohama tires
$200 Rare Cloth interior
$1200 engine repairs (must pay still to the machine shop)
$300 fidanza flywheel
$400 ACT clutch
+$100 msd fuel pump
$10,280

I still have to have some body work done, and paint the car. Also if I continue modding the engine, I can forcast another $3000 to sink into it.

I’ve probably forgotten a few things too. I cannot believe I’ve sunk this much money into my Conquest, and to be only low low 13’s. Buying slicks will bring me into 12’s without a doubt in my mind, but still. I should have saved this money, and put it toward an F Body or something with more potential.

I guess I did this, because I have a passion for the car. Somehow…

What do you guys think? Have you ever added up your totals, and nearly cry?

Justin

^^^^Soooo true dude. I love when I hear people say how little they have invested, when in actuality it’s like 3 times the amount. If the end results weren’t so rewarding (racing/cruising) it would suck a lot, but you gotta pay to play.

You never add it up lol its the first rule of modding a car…silly n00b

I have over $10K into my '49 Chevy and I’m still at least a couple years away from even being close to driving it…
I once started adding up everything I spent on my '55 Willys, I stopped when I hit $15K…
Ignorance is bliss

lol yea, i tried once, and then i stopped cause it kept going and going… no one ever said cars were a good investment tho, ah well

edit i just read your list, i wish i was only at 10k including the car too! your lucky! :rofl:

$20,000 car
$1400 coilovers
$400 edfc
$300 hotchkis sways
$1300 quaife atb dif
$2000 volk rims
$1000 exhaust/intake
$1600 tires since 12/04 when i bought the car
$1000 brake lines, pads, rotors, fluid, powdercoating
$1000 in accessories…pedals, lug nuts, shifter, interior pieces, ect.

i have about $10k invested, not including the labor ive paid for the installs i didnt do…and its still a 15 second car. :stuck_out_tongue:

NX2000:

$2000 - car, parts, tires, other spares
$100 - one shock
$200 - tire mounting
$100 - windshield replacement
$200 - graphics
$100 - seat belts
$2700 - total

Beating up on cars that cost 10X as much, priceless.

Now if I start adding up the other car, the van, the trailer, gas expenses, personal safety equipment…

Uh, you paid 1100 for an 18g?

also, tCs are 20K?

they are when you tack on options like ground effects, spoilers, fog lights ect…

^^ word

I thought he paid a little over 800 through hybrid for the 18g?

Dodge Shadow:

$400 - The 80s hotness
$30 - Front Suspension bushings
$25 - Required supplies to rewires the ECU
$2 - Dipstick holder

Painfully stock WRX

$260 - Pads, rotors and 2 snow tires.

I have about $1500 in repairs and $1200 in mods on the Saab since I bought it this past March.

I had well over $25k into my civic before I sold it.

I wonder if I would be able to add up all I’ve ever spent in my life on cars, eh, I wouldnt want to know.

This is why I don’t want to mod a honda.
Polishing a turd.

RICER!!! :slight_smile:

35k cobra + 15k in shit = still not a g35 :tdown:

im with sherm on this one. i would probably end my self, or cry myself to sleep if i did this.

but hey, you only live once am i right

o god i dont even wanna go there, and focusinprogress is next to me and laughing at what his total would be as well.

wow i wish shit for my car was that cheap wtf

It came to $875 shipped or something, then I paid extra to have it ported by Hybrid, and then I had to have my Intercooler modified to fit the hardpipe kit…this is how I got $1100.

i think after a while you want to know but for anyone who has reached the $20,000 like i have i guess counting just doesnt matter i mean really WTF 20K (and i am still dumping my pay check every week into it.):cry: