Having a hard time finding dental insurance

For the past few weeks Ive been trying to find good dental insurance but seem to be spinning my wheels. I dont know where to look other than online. Who here has individual dental insurance? What company are you useing and what kind of payment do you have?

Delta Dental is one of the largest 3rd party plans… thats what I have through my company.

They cover 80% of surgery (ie. tooth extraction), and preventative maintenance is free (ie. cleanings twice a year and x-rays once a year)

How do I go about getting said plan? Do you know what its called?

ummm… I got mine through work so all I did was fill out the paper and send it back. It’s called the PPO/Premier Plan if that helps you.

Go here and pick New York… it gives you a 800 number to call. I’d start there. Delta Dental Contact Information & Address

through work != getting your own

by a long shot

agreed… I was just offering a company to look at. Since it is one of the largest dental insurance companies I’m sure they’d have something for him.

When all else fails, you can always try the Dental School at UB. Prices are about half what they would be if you paid a regular dentist - but they don’t take any insurance.

Highly recommend the UB school.

They aren’t going to give you any unnecessary services to line their pockets, and they do excellent work.

There is an oral surgeon looking over what they do.

It’s only an oral surgeon if you are getting oral surgery done. A dentist specializing in whatever procedure being done is overlooking.

How do I find out more about the UB dental school for procedures? Im going to need to get my wisdom teeth out in the next year or two and I also need to get a chipped tooth re-fixed.

The wisdom teeth extraction is a surgical procedure, and you may have to go though the Oral Surgery Department directly, depending on the situation (if they are impacted, etc). Regardless, for all non-emergency work, you should start by making an appointment for screening, by contacting Patient Admissions - 829-2821.

Thank you

Back to the insurance question, who else here has independent dental insurance?

Delta Dental via employer here.

Dunno anything about independant 3rd party insurance, sorry.

:word: