having running issues...

i have a 91 240 recently did a tune up and now it stalls all the time, only while the engine is under load though, it’ll idle forever. Just wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem or have heard about this. oh and another thing, it starts back up right away i just let it coast in neutral and it will start and go for a while, then die again.

Try looking at the MAF sensor.

if not the sensor, maybe a fuel filter problem?? If they didn’t change that during the tuneup.

i changed the fuel filter, what am i supposed to be loking for in the MAF? because me and flavio cleaned it out with some carb cleaner stuff and it made it run better for a while and now its constantly dying :?:

just make sure everything is snug and there is no air geting into your intake between the throttle body and your maf. The slightest leak will mess things up.

I’m not quite sure what style filter the 240s use, but if it’s inline like most other cars you should double check that you didn’t hook it up backwards.

Well I’m not too familiar like I said about the KA’s yet. But on my old car it was a 91 GTA I had problems that sound similar, the prob on mine was a weak electronic fuel pump. Once I changed that it was good, till I had other problems with the Throttle Body sensor.

…Im pretty sure we got it on right…I do this type of stuff at work everyday.

so i got the problem fixed, it turned out to be a hose that wasnt attached all the way.

…Im pretty sure we got it on right…I do this type of stuff at work everyday.[/quote]

Yea , turned out to be a hose that hooks up to the intake piping.

vaccum problems are always the hardest to figure out