headgasket ? for the boosters

ok i got big plans for my motor. doing timing belt water pump and headgasket maybe cam ect… d16z6 with a 14b on it. Now what size and kind of headgasket should i go with. I heard bigger the more boost u can run. but

idk let me know what you recommend. all you boosters

and yes i am putting arp head bolts in

factory honda HG FTW

fuck factory lol

x2

and a LOL for using the phrase “big plans” concerning a 14b

Honda MLS FTW.

yea big plans . like head gasket, timing belt water pump like reliable big plans. Not big plans like imma build my car up and wreck it and then wreck my daily driver 2. so LOL all u want

:rofl:

good choice on the reliability thang

huh?

Honda headgasket.

honda, or cometic

im not sure if the honda d series head gaskets are sheet metal or not,
the b series they are but not sure about d

x3

if it cracks 200whp i’ll be suprised :rofl:

and honda D16 HG’s are muti-layer

honda head gaskets i think are the way to go but to answer your question if run a thicker hg you can in theory run more boost because of lower compression.

I see A LOT of 14b setups near 220whp @ 10/12 PSI

Single Ply TP and the Rancid Milk combo (Mix into a thick paste and apply) are the only true seal for boosted single cams. Everyone and their mother knows that :bigthumb:

I have personally seen 14b’s hit 400-9099 whp on 3-8 psi levels with a boost leak, this combo and a TP tube manifold. PROVEN POWER :clit:

14b is sweet. Honestly think a stocker would hold up, if the make a MLS go for that.

stock would be your best bet. cometic you can get it different thicknesses. a stock head gasket with arp studs will handle more power than a stock honda bottom end will handle.

Please don’t use reliability in the same thread as a turbo honda. The same is true of dsm and moving car in the same thread.

88-91 D16A6’s used a composite headgasket worse than the one on stock 4g63’s. They are so hard to properly removed (i’ve never been sucessful) that I’ve always had to machine the block and head.

We ran a honda MLS (I believe it is a 5 layer) on my friends 90 D16A6 block with the vtec head combo. That headgasket was sourced from a 92-95 model car. The 92 up D16’s have the MLS headgasket making life much easier. Its also very strong. Much stronger than you’ll ever need with your wheezing 14b and sub 200whp car that you’ll have on your hands. Make sure you throw in a set of unbalanced DSM 450’s and no resistor box with a chipped P28 and crank the living fuck out of the timing. It’ll be faster that way I promise.

yea but as a daily driver will it blow up

Well Rickey Bobby stated that 97% of people will die someday. The same is true of turbo hondas. 97% of turbo hondas will die someday. Sorry thats the way the dice rolls.