heat protection... need ideas

well i keep melting my batterie cables near my headers… i wraped them with that exhaust wrap shit and it burned a hole right threw it where the cables are close… wtf

anybody got any ideas or can i just get some extra cable and some how extend them so i can wire it a different way clear of headers? so really the question is … is it safe to buy some cable… like for car batt and cut the cable and attach extra to extend?

Did you wrap the manifolds or the battery cable?

My vote would be to re-route them.

good time to move the battery to the trunk, i suppose. Relocation kits are about the same price as new header wrap.

oh yeah those relocate kits… i should check that out

umm the manifolds also i melted my powersteering hose a few months ago… replaced it but wraped that in the wrap also… again hole burned right threw the wrap but the hose is fine just re wraped it for now untill i can figure this shit out

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sum-g1200a.jpg

something like that? and mount in my trunk i am guessing?

relocate everthing close to the headers

yeah batterie cables run the closest and then the p/s hose… that i dont even know how to move outta there but i got the hose routed another way…

if everything goes well i will get a new DD and i can rip my car appart and do everything right.

they have actual firesleeving at hydraulic stores the stuff works really well. i would do everything you can to reroute everything away and still wrap it. you have a lot of under hood temps from that turbo

also for battery box buy the moroso box. it is only NHRA legal box out there right now. and install kill switch too. do it once then never have to redo it again.

sounds good… i just looked at summit real quick to find a relocation kit

welding wire works good for relocating the battery