heat?

my car on’t heat up all that much, for example, this morning i started my car and let it run for 15 minutes, before getting in,then i have to drive out to the international air port, i work by there, and my car still has not warmed up yet, why? what is the first thing to look into? now another questions, when i have the setting on face/foot, the face blows warm and the foot blows ice cold? what is happening? where do i start? i was thinking maybe starting with the thermostate and fluid, but i would’nt see how that would fix the problems especially the second one, any suggestions?

Heater core? <stab into darkness>

Yeah I’d guess heater core too, just because of that second problem. The first one might be a thermostat that’s stuck open and the fluid can’t get warm enough to blow anything but warm air. Tomorrow morning try throwing a piece of cardboard in front of your rad and see if it still won’t warm up.

ok thanks, ill try and let you know the diff

Actually it could also be the blend door in the heating system if you are seeing actual heat in one part of the system and not in another.

Most of the cars that we see develop no heat these days have bubbles in the cooling system, so check that your coolant isn’t low. If it is, top it up and “burp” the system by squeezing the upper rad hose repeatedly with the rad cap off and keep topping the rad up as the fluid goes down. Failing that, you could always bring it in for a rad flush/fill. :slight_smile: