Heater

Hey guys, something is wrong with my heater. It only works on the highest setting 4. Nothing happens if I put it on 1 2 or 3. whats wrong with this thing? Thanks.

My car had a similar problem when I was buying it I asked the guys to fix the problem and the did. I would asume it has to do with some form of either a relay or a fan setting.

you need a heater resistor, when it goes bad only the 4 setting works, if you bend down and look under the glove box you’ll be able to see it, only to screws hold it in place it takes about a minute to change, i think it’s about $35 from the dealer but i’m not sure.

By the heater do you mean it isn’t blowing air at all until that setting? Cause that’s what mine does… no air at all till 3…

James

Yea, it doesn’t blow air until I set it to 4. I’m gonna go to the dealership and ask about that heater resistor that nissan4ever mentioned. Thanks.

I have one if you want to come pick it up next wednesday before 4pm for $10…

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, AND THE RESISTOR DIDN’T FIX IT.

ACTUALLY, MY # 4 SETTING STOPPED WORKING TOTALLY, NOTHING WORKS NOW!!

I SWITCHED MY CLIMATE CONTROL UNIT WITH ANOTHER ONE I HAD, STILL NO LUCK.

CAN I PULL OUT THE BLOWER MOTOR WITHOUT REMOVING THE DASH? OR DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO TEST IT?

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS OVERHEATING, AND MY COOLING SYSTEM WORKS GREAT, SO I DOUBT ITS PLEGGED UP. IT MAY NEED TO BE CLEANED OUT, SO I WS WONDERING IF ANYONE EVER REMOVED ONE.

STUPID NISSANS AND THEIR CRAP A55 HEATING SYSTEMS, MY MAXIMA HEAT IS GOING, JSUT PICKED UP A G20 AND THE HEAT SUCKS IN THAT TOO.

that happened to me once, the heater motor didn’t work at all, so i checked the fuse and it was blown, i replaced it and the motor worked again, i tried it for a couple of days and the fuse never blew again, so you can start with the fuse anyway.

Funny you should say that as having worked for a heater core supplier, Nissan’s were always the benchmark fo efficient heat exchangers. Maybe not over time, but initial quality anyway.

Thanks nissan4ever for the help and SHIFT_SR20DET for selling me the part. The heater resistor fixed the problem.

Funny you should say that as having worked for a heater core supplier, Nissan’s were always the benchmark fo efficient heat exchangers. Maybe not over time, but initial quality anyway.[/quote]

i dunno, the heat in my passat is the best heat i’ve ever felt in my life. i’ve driven the whole new line of hondas, and none come close. everyone who sits in my cars is amazed by the heat in that thing, most vdubs i’ve sat in, the heat works with no problems, although my heater switch is messed up, only lettign my high setting work also.

Most of the time when certain fan speed settings work and other don’t it is because of the heater resistor so check that out.
Not all car makes have the same amount of heat, some are warmer than others like the altimas have warmer heat than 240’s although they’re both nissan.
Always check to make sure thermostat is working fine.I changed my thermostat because my car had high mileage although it was working fine.
Thermostat’s are usually in the range of $5 so its worth it and it can save you alot of headache in the long run.