helllppp me!

ok… ever since ive put this new walbro pump in my car its just been problems… its an 89 240sx… witha t28 ca18… i had a post up b4 but the problem is now different so i figured i’d make a new one … before it was just sputtering when it started… I was driving the car all of last nite, at times going full throttle with no problems… today after changing the o-ring seal on the tank i went to put gas in it … the car had been idling real odd … after i put gas in it wouldnt start… 3 hours later… it fired up … barely… i drove around … car drove fine and pullled hard with no slip ups… idle was still messed though … i put it in my garage and now it wont start… i dont have fuel leaking at my injectors… and i dont even smell fuel really anymore… im putting the z32 fuel filter in 2moro but i doubt thats the whole reason for this whole shitshow… any advice would be much appreciated…thanks

Put in in-line fuel pressure gauge and see what your pressure is at. This will tell you if the problem is fuel delivery right at the rail.

If you need a fp gauge, build one like on the knizefamily/minimopar site. It’s cheap and works great.

thanks for the quick replies guys… i’l definitly have to try that after work… if my fuel pressure changes with that pump would that mean my stock regulator is pooched? cuz i was under the impression that the fuel pressure did not change with the walbro pump?
What should i set my fuel pressure at?

do a tune up!!!

Get some NGK Iridium IX plugs and gap them at .08 or between .30 and .35 or whatever. That filter is a must and should have been done with the new pump. You dont HAVE to get the Z32 filter. I just go to Canadian tire and keep opening boxed till I find somthing that will work and only costs like $12 that way if you find the right one. The brand name is called GK fule filters and it will come in a black and red box. Part number is below.

PN# for plugs
BCPR5EIX-11
18-4700-0

PN# GK Filter
23-3539-8

This should take care of your idle problem and make your engine over all just run’s better. But if your having fule delivery problems do what was recomended with cheaking your pressure at the rail! Also cheak timing!!! If you done have a gun you will have to find someone that does. That only takes a couple min’s.

If your pressure is good and filter is new and your plugs are gaped properly and is the plug I recomended above and you still have the problem I would guess coil pack, TPS or MAF. One of the 3. Possibly ignitor chip. Ive seen them act weird like this once before! If you do all this and cheak those things I am positave you should overcome your problem.