Help from the wheel/tire guys, please..

Been putting it off for awhile, but it’s time to get aluminum wheels on the back of the Camaro that match the fronts (Weld Draglite)

Using Summit Racing’s method-

http://static1.summitracing.com/global/ChartsAndGuidesContent/Backspacing.gif

I get 4" for the current wheels on there now.

Summit only offers the wheel I want in 3.5" or 4.5" backspacing. I do know the lug pattern is 5x475.

So, where do I go from here? I know it’s a 15" rim, but I need to verify the width. Not saying that the replacement needs to match though. as the tire is rated for a 8-10" wide rim.

So basically,if the Weld Draglite is not available in an exact match to whats on there now, how do I select the right ones to ensure a proper fit?

Thanks
Travis

I’m not even sure what you’re asking man.

What size are the current rear wheels? You said a 4" backspacing, so that makes things easier.

Essentially, say you have two wheels, both the same width as your current wheel:

The 3.5" backspaced wheel (compared to your current wheel) will make it so the wheel sticks out further towards the fender. It’ll have more of a “dish” on the face of the wheel.
The 4.5" backspaced wheel (compared to your current wheel) will make it so the wheel moves inward, closer to suspension components.

I’d say get the car in the air, and then see if you have another .5-1" space available on the inside to clear any suspension components. Also see if you have the .5-1" on the outside to clear the fender. If both clear fine, and the new wheel is the same width as your current wheel, you can go with whatever you desire for looks.

Sorry if that’s confusing, I’m no expert, but that’s what I know.

Is the rear end width stock ? If so go to a 2nd gen specific forum and see what ya can do . I wanna say on my uncles we did a 15x10 on a 5.5 b.s can’t be 100% sure but I did find all the width and part numbers on a site and I think it was nastyz28.com or suttin like that .

Your running a 8" wide wheel right now correct? If so measure the clearance on either side of the wheel vs the outer fender lip and the inner well and suspension components. If your stuck with the current 4" BS then then 4.5 wheel with a half inch spacer would put you back where you are now. If that makes any sense.

15x10 5.5" BS
275/60

don’t get shit fitting wheels just because you wanna buy from summit

Travis: Don’t listen to this guy. He knows nothing about proper wheel fitments.
:lol

Summit carries weld wheels , not a shitty wheel

Makes sense.

I looked at it this AM, and I can’t go with anything less than the current 4" backspacing. So I guess it’s a 4.5" backspace with a 1/2" spacer.

By couldn’t go with anything less than 4", what makes you think that? A 3.5" BS will put the wheel towards the fender more if that’s what you need.

Orrrrrr just disreguard what I said !!!