got + 20 wheels, should i get 5 or 10mm wheel spacers.

pretty much just want the wheels to be flush or just stick out with the wheel well, the fronts are pretty much there but the rears could come out a bit more, so if i get 5mm spaces will it become a +15 offset? or should i get 10 mm spacers? the wheels are deep dish volk racing

+5mm should be fine, if anything 10mm you gonna require extended studs to be on the safe side (i think?)
What kind of deep dish volk racing wheels? and what is the width of the wheels?

Width is key in this question.

Please educate me in this math of offset + spacers + wheel width. So far I understand that whatever offset you got (eg. +45) + a 15mm spacer = +30 offset? Is that right? sorry I didn’t really focus on offsets and wheels stuff when I read about cars lol

Ya cadence you got the offset thing figured out. Width doesn’t come into play there, only in determining how much further out you can push the wheel. In the case of a 9 inch wheel +20 is perfect on stock body. It allows use of a 235 or 245 tire with just rolled fenders. You can go to +15 even as low as 0 with a 9 inch wheel but then you can only run a 215 Max or it will not fit

width comes into play if you want to keep your studs+lugnuts and keep the wheel on the car :wink:

So theoretically I can run …17 or 18x9 +15 with 225 without rubbing and rolled fenders?

With what camber settings?

Lets say for my “theoretical setup” -3 up front -0.7 in the back?

Should’ve been more specific:
17/18 x 9 +15 with 225/45

Www.rimtuck.com

2 very helpful sites to help you understand and compare wheel fitment
Also zilvia helps too

-3 deg front, -2.5 rear

Cadence, the front will def fit, a friend has identical setup, but you will likely need more rear camber or pulled quarters

And the zilvia fitment thread is very helpful

Just an example:
A wheel the size of: x9.5 +2(.7)
and a wheel: x10.5 +15, would have the outer rim lip in the same place.

Where the outer rim lip sits is in direct relationship with offset AND width. Without known width, offset means NOTHING, same goes without known offset, width alone will not tell you where the wheel will sit.
If you have a wheel 6" wide you can still have the outer rim lip sit the same as a wheel 10" wide it just requires a negative offset. (obviously you will lack in tire width making this stupid, which is why spaced narrow wheels is horrendous and looks stupid)

Asking “will it fit?” This is a sort of silly question because you can fit very aggressive sized wheels on an s-chassis with or without camber, you just have to know exactly what you’re doing and know the inner limits (so your rim doesn’t hit the coilover in the front, lower control arms/inner side of the wheel hitting the cars body from too much width/not aggressive enough offset.)

Also look at the “wheel fitment question thread” on zilvia. I dont suggest asking questions there because they will tell you to leave.

For every inch of width you add there is 12.7mm of poke added if the offset stays the same.
For every half inch of width you add there is 6.35mm of poke.

This should get the ball rolling for people trying to figure out how to calculate what sizes correspond with what fitments.

^when did liam become a man. News to me! hahahaha

good post. took words out of my mouth and alot of stuff i wouldnt have mentioned. Props to you young chief

it is a 17X9 inch wheel old school 5 star rays volk racing with a 4-5inch lip/dish i want to run 255s in the rear or 245s with out getting fender roll? and possible bring them out just a bit more in the rear front seems to be already sticking out

You need to let us know the offset to help you.
you need to let us know tire brand.
IF you do not know the offset turn the wheel onto its back and measure from the bolt face with a straight edge to give you backspacing.
From here you will have to minus the actual barrel lip of the wheel because 9" is 9jj, journal to journal which is where the tire seats not the outer edge.
now you can easily calculate offset due to backspacing relative to wheel width.
A 10"jj wheel with a 5" back spacing will give you +0 offset, a wheel with 4" of backspacing will give you negative 25.4mm 6" backspacing +25.4… you get the idea, i hope.

they are +20 says on the rim 9 inch wide, i would like to get potenza reo11s 40 or 45 profile 255 or 245 for rear and 235s up front

are there any wheel fitment calculator websites that are specific to the s-chassis?

this is an awesome thread! im at that stage of my build and got the worst wheels possible. hopefully someone can use my setup as an example and help me out in the process haha
i just put them on the car, with nothing adjusted, coilovers have not been adjusted since installed or another suspension, all of it is pretty much adjustable.
the rear seem to fit alright, the front inside lip on the tire was rubbing on the bottom of the coil spring. i ordered 4 spacers - 2 - 5mm and 2 - 3mm. i put the 3mm on the front, it left a nice 4mm or gap between tire and coilover on the Dr. side. psg side only left about 1 to 2mm gap tho.
i have sportmax xxr 962’s - ®18x9.5-255/35/18 +35 offset
(F)18x8.5-235/40/18 +35 offset
by the time it is on the road there will be an origin streamline bodykit installed too, in case that matters
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/smokinex/IMG_0242.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/smokinex/IMG_0247.jpg

With regards to your tire size, it all depends on how low you would like to go, what kind of alignment you want to run etc.
The lower you go, the more aggressive wheels you can run, to a point… the lower you go, the more the wheels will become sunk in on the car because the upper and lower control arms gain a diagonal angle that essentially pull the wheel in.

too much trying in this thread. buy the biggest shit you can find and make it work. dont be a bitch