HELP! H&R Spacers!

Ok so I finally go around to putting my 5mm spacer to get ready for my 300 breaks.
I took out the old studs and put in the new studs. Put on the disk then the spacer and then the wheel.
Now when I went to put the nuts on I only got 6turns until they were tight and torked. I checked the back and i get 11 with them!!
Is 6turns ok? I am pretty worried and don’t want my wheels to fall off.

BTW. When I put the new studs in I put a socket over the studs and then put the nut on and tighten them until the studs were in place. Also the new studs that came with the spacers were longer then the older ones.

I never checked how many turns the nut was before installing so maybe 6 is ok but I don’t think it is.

Just did some reasearch and the wheel stud is 12x1.25 that requires 8turns min. What did I do wrong?

Most likely, your wheel is thicker than most wheels, therefore you get less thread engagement. I think 6 turns is ok, just check the TQ once every couple of weeks or so, and every couple hundred km for the first couple weeks. I’m sure you’ll be fine

Are your old studs in good condition? Can you put them back on?

I wouldn’t take a chance, if you read that you need 8 turns min to provide enough TQ and thread engagement then you should have 8 turns min.

I have maybe 6 or 7 turns on my wheels. I’ve beaten on the car somewhat and haven’t had any problem with them falling off.

If you are that scared shit, put some locktite on. :mrgreen:

I put about 200kms on it yesterday. When I cheaked them they were still at perfict TQ. So I guess there ok. I am just going to cheak them alot. If they last though Q’s event then I konw there good.