Help me decide: Springs vs Coilovers

1. Drop off in morning and pick up later works best. I can’t have people chillin because insurance.

2. My only question on the install: Is it mandatory to install the springs in my living room??

Stop trollin, troll.

:crackup

Works for me. I’ll let you know man.

Depends on what you buy.

Knowing Ilya he’s going to get the lowest and the illest

i used to coat my coilover adjusters with white lithium grease before winter. never seized up (tein ss coilovers, 3 winters old)

but yeah, still say go with springs.

Yeah, get springs. “Coilovers” are a waste of $.

:rofl

A guy I used to work with at Price Chopper when I was 17 could NOT say Ilya…so I had him call me Ill. lol.

Anyhow, these Espelirs drop the car 1.25" or so. The sprint rates are designed specifically for this car.

you’ll be good man.

I just snagged them for $225 shipped. Got him to drop the price from $300.

Damn…what a steal :lol.

1.25" is nothin. That’ll be good. I was afraid you’d go 4" or something insanely ridiculous like just running struts without the springs.

Are you replacing the shock also? Not sure how many miles on your stock stuff… but maybe something you also want to do, with some meant for the shorter spring. Although the car you posted doesnt look crazy low so may not be a huge concern. Love my form/functions coils in my TL (Type2 adjustable) and Civic (Type1 non-adjustable), going to try H&R coils out in the Tsx I think. The f/f ride nice actually, but will lower the car more than you want I think, even at the highest setting. Im a lot of help right? lol

Edit: So I was typing that when you guys responded, youre probably fine with that little bit of drop. Okay bye.

I ain’t no stunter :lol

Nah I’m not.

I’m at 84k now…but I just had an inspection done and the guy doing it said my car is immaculate for it’s mileage. I should be alright.

makin me proud with the lowballs. nice work!!!

1.25 is not worth it.

just put some fatties in the back seat.

As long as you don’t tint the tail lamps I think you’ll be alright with the springs

:lol @ fatties and tintin tails.

lol coilovers arent a waste of money at all… springs with stock struts are … if you plan on upgrading your struts and lowering springs is your best bet .Once you step into full coilovers. make a list of what you want out of them. do you want comfort VIP style aggressive stance or something that can perform in the corners and not sag… not all coilovers just track coilovers. there is also a plus side to coilover… if you ever want to get rid of them its a easy swap back to all the oem stuff…

another down side to springs to is if you buy the wrong spring weight meaning this http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/spring-rate.html… so you could get something too hard and you will hate it… or you could get something to soft and it will ride like a lincoln with blown everything and just bounce like a bobble head

yea i’d just leave stock in until its done, but thats assuming i’d be doing it myself and no install fee

Nah, don’t leave it stock. That’s boring and your car won’t stand out when you’re driving.

He meant leave stock struts in.